Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 05:58:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Pharoah Quail
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pharoah Quail  (Read 13882 times)
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2008, 06:56:37 PM »

when you get the incubator save yourself a lot of time and grief  set it up and get it dialed in while you are waiting for enough eggs to get started.  I don,t know the heat and humidity specs for your particular quail but  someone here will let you know.

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
greyghost
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2008, 01:15:35 AM »

Depending on what incubator you get; Still air keep at 101 degrees, please use an automatic egg turner, as most people get lazy or forget to turn eggs. If you use a fan incubator keep it at 99.5. Be sure to follow the MFR';s instructions for humidity. That is VERY important! Your eggs, if fertile, should hatch in 16 days.
I hatched 300 this year and I miss the squawk of chicks. Ok guys, give me hell! I like chicks.
 But remember, your messing with the Ghost. Boo! (LOL!)
Bella Baby

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2008, 08:47:56 AM »

Ok guys I set the Little Giant 5200 Still Air Incubator up this morning this thing is older than me. And yes it came with the egg turner so no worries there. I have the temp at 100 and holding there how do I measure humidity level??
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2008, 04:58:56 PM »

to monitor the humidity you need a hygrometer.  which is basically a humidity thermometer lots of them on line. I think I read a post that they could be found at wall mart??  you are in NH . do you have a Paris farmers union near you? they would have them .

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »