Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:02:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Site Announcements/Promotions/Feedback
| |-+  Site and Forum Announcements/ Feedback
| | |-+  Have you ever noticed…
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Have you ever noticed…  (Read 17979 times)
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 12:14:44 PM »

.....how many views there are in a specific topic compared to the amount of replies?

Have you ever noticed that, when you see a post from a new comer, and decide to check their profile for location and age it is never filled in?

Have you ever check the membership files and noticed all the members that haven’t posted?
1. Yea sometimes some pple have no answer or nothing to say after viewing a thread. Also, as Trail mentions...guests can view threads also. Then I believe after a certain period of time, thread views will continue to be counted from pple who already viewed the thread who views again.

2. Profile not being filled. I think just has to do with the member wanting to remain anonymous. That was my case when I started. I didn't want to let pple know that I was older then the rest. LOL Also, could be some members are just to lazy to fill it out and just wants to get on to posting.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 12:16:28 PM by aKirA » Logged
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 09:03:10 PM »

OK, just checked my account. The e-mail is wrong. But that is OK, as I do not want the new one out there anyway. You want to contact me, do so via PM. Then we go from there. Too many bugs "out there" that can get e-mail addies out of address books .... and worse, forwarded mail. Ends up being sold to mailing list jerks.
My age, most know. If you really need to know, PM me.
I think that is all that is in there to look at ?

re: views. Topic starter looks in often (I do, when home, or have an internet connection when away working)
Never really gave views a lot of thought before. But seeing the info posted here makes things a bit more clear.
But like post counts, I seldom care. (post counts seem to rapidly climb with new members, as they want the privileges that go with this. ie: karma/smite, which means nothing. Well, the smite will mean something to all.....)
Quailer

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 09:22:48 PM »

haha....Yes, I too have noticed this.  Especially with postings, so many views, so few replies.  Atleast when its an emergency people tend to really help out...And that what really counts :)
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 12:04:54 AM »

..........when its an emergency people tend to really help out...And that what really counts :)

:)  I'll have to agree with that statement.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »