Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:19:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Coturnix questions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coturnix questions  (Read 3039 times)
Scorpion
« on: May 04, 2004, 04:01:23 AM »

I have some A&M,s and darrk range giants due soon. I would like to know how long in the brooder? What age to dress? What age to sexual maturity? Are the first eggs fertile or do males mature at a different rate? Would a moveable pen work well if new ground is provided, or would fertility drop? Also what protien % are you useing?

Thanks
Don McGowan
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 06:57:46 AM »

The A & M's seem to do everything fast.  I moved mine from the brooder to a outdoor pen at about 3 weeks  ( this was last Sept in KY )  they started laying at about 7 weeks old. first week or so of eggs were not fertile, but then they started hatching.  My chick starter is 28%, breeder is 22% protien.  I have found that whenever I move the birds around it stops egg production for a couple weeks. Hope this helps you
Scorpion
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 11:49:31 AM »

Thanks, I had 32 hatch the other day, now it's time to design some layer cages. I appretiate the help.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »