Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:07:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Buy and Sell
| | |-+  7 Reeves pheasants for sale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 7 Reeves pheasants for sale  (Read 5060 times)
kingwolf
Expert Member

« on: March 23, 2009, 07:58:32 PM »

I was on eggbid.com tonight and found an ad for seven Reeves Pheasants for sale. There is six females and one male, it says that he is selling them because he needs more room for new birds and i emailed him for pictures so as soon as he sends them to me ill post them here. the only catch is that he is located in Arizona and wants them to be picked up so this might be a good catch for someone near by since they are only at $20 right now 

Here is the website for them: http://eggbid.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=1237920121

Chukar Partridge, California Valley Quail, Gambel Quail, Mountain Quail, Chestnut Blue Scale Quail, Snowflake Mexican Speckle, Tennessee Reds, Georgia Giants, Blonde Bobwhites, Dark cross bobwhites and always growing!
kingwolf
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 05:54:05 PM »

never mind, someone snatched up the opportunity before i could get pictures of them. . . thanks for your time

Chukar Partridge, California Valley Quail, Gambel Quail, Mountain Quail, Chestnut Blue Scale Quail, Snowflake Mexican Speckle, Tennessee Reds, Georgia Giants, Blonde Bobwhites, Dark cross bobwhites and always growing!
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 08:18:33 AM »

I cannot help but wonder how many are purchased each year by people that think: Oh ! Look at the pretty bird !
They take them home and during the bird's first breeding season it pulls the Jeckle and Hyde thing on them !
I can see them now, scratching their head, wondering why the male is so blood thursty.

It also makes me wonder how many of this species will then be kept under poor conditions, because they have no idea on how to care for them.

IMHO it takes a special type of person to care for them. That is the reason I seldom let mine hatch their own: I have found few that have the right personality to deal with a Reeves male.
kingwolf
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 07:34:16 PM »

there definitely a species(along with others)that take a special person and respect for the animal to truly take care of the bird to the best of ones ability. they are definitely not for the faint of heart. . . thanks for your time
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 09:31:18 PM by kingwolf » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »