Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:39:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  incubation problem with button quail
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: incubation problem with button quail  (Read 2122 times)
chevyluvver

« on: February 24, 2008, 08:07:07 PM »

I have tried twice to hatch button quail eggs with no luck.  All the eggs in both batches had no sign of fertilization accept one egg  had a dead chick in it.  I have ordered the eggs from two different places.  I am in a cold climate and was wondering if the eggs got too cold during shipment?  I have a Browyer incubator that I have had success with in hatching chickens.  It seems I am having a hard time keeping the temp. regulated now.  I am using two thermometers, one is a meat thermometer and the other is reptile aquarium thermometer.  One reads 100 and one reads 96 degrees.  I am having a hard time finding a different thermometer and have a digital one on order.  Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
kcgamebirdfarm

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 08:29:45 PM »

you can go to like walmart and buy a indoor outdoor digital thermometer that will give you the temp and humidity for like $10 they work pretty good. fastest thing i can tell you - as far as the eggs not hatching prolly a good idea to wait for it to warm up atleast it only takes 2 weeks for them to hatch!

~what good are birds without feathers?~
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »