Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:57:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Hatching Question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hatching Question  (Read 2129 times)
ChicksInSC
« on: September 24, 2005, 02:25:06 PM »

I candled my 6 coturnix quail eggs today and they're on day 10. #s 1-4 all look pretty light in color and have what looks like a yolk inside. They're really hard to tell much though. But they are pretty bright. #5 I thought I'd seen a blood ring on, but now it looks darker inside. Again with the spotted shell I couldn't tell much. I didn't discard it just in case it was good. #6 is dark. For eggs due to hatch next weekend does it sound like any will hatch? Is there a good site for candling quail eggs?

My next quesiton is that if only one hatches should I go to a person I know sells quail hatchlings and buy some companions so that its not alone and has someone to share body heat with? How soon should I do this if it looks like only one will hatch? Thanks for reading.

Ashley
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 10:26:57 PM »

I can't comment on the candling because I had a hard time candling in the past also. Now I just leave the eggs alone through the incubation time. And those that don't hatch, I leave a few more days after, then open them up to check.

As far as companion for your chick...it would be benificial. Like human infants, they learn from watching each other. If one chick figure out to drink from a waterer or take food from a dispensor, the others will learn from it as well. And yes they like to dog pile on top of each other for heat. Very fun to watch.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »