Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:37:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  New or Existing Member's Section
| | |-+  Introducing myself
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 8285 times)
cherndon712

« on: April 28, 2008, 01:20:33 AM »

Hi all! My name is Crystal. I've just started raising quail. I've had chickens, turkeys, ducks and geese for a few years now. I started hatching eggs this year, and was interested in button quail. Those haven't worked well for me, but I do have 5! I also have about 30 texas a&m quail, 10 pharoah, and 2 manchurians. I'd still like more manchurians and some tuxedos! I'm also interested in partridge chukars, as well as hungarians and snow partridges. Having trouble finding them though!
I hope to learn a lot on this board! I'm so glad I found it!
Crystal
brentsquailfarm

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 01:28:41 AM »

s016 and hope you enjoy. There is a lot of info here but just watch some of these old guys.  s020

Brent

Don't forget to take a kid hunting or fishing.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 01:56:32 AM »

s016 aboard cherndon712 .

Where ya from??

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 04:14:53 AM »

Welcome aboard. Have phun! p42
NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 08:55:37 AM »

s016

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 08:59:41 AM »

s016 and hope you enjoy. There is a lot of info here but just watch some of these young guys.  s020

Reeves
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 10:52:08 AM »

s016 and hope you enjoy. There is a lot of info here but just watch some of these old guys.  s020

Brent

Some friend you are!  Kind of like a Cheetah warning the Gazelle to watch out for the Lion.

Chukars, Red Legs, and crosses, are everywhere, not too hard to raise.  The other Partridges are more rare, and some pretty fragile, from what I've heard.

You do need to be aware of the fact that chicken, turkey, and waterfowl poop carry stuff that will wipe out game birds.  Never walk from other pens to game bird pens.  Rubber boots, overshoes kept in the brooder house, or pen, and never worn outside that enclosure will cut problems a lot.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 07:32:10 PM »

s016 And watch out for these guy's young and old alike
cherndon712

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 08:52:11 PM »

Thanks for all the welcomes! I'm from WY, so I keep my quail inside my barn. I plan to do the same with the chukars. I feed and water them at different times from my poultry, so I don't kill them! I've read a LOT (maybe too much, conflicting opinions, etc) before I started any animal related venture! I also own over 30 rabbits, which my son shows. And dogs, and a steer.  Neighbors think I'm NUTS! At least I haven't gotten guineas and peafowl, which I'm tempted to do!!
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 11:20:34 PM »

s016

spider

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
tweezy50
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 07:08:02 AM »

Brent
ode2god
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 11:43:34 AM »

c53 s016 from florida from one hen to another these guys can be tough but they know theyre stuff here ...i have the little button quail 15 of them had cotornux but wasnt set up for them plan on getting more though .... goood luck and again  s016
greyghost
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 07:56:38 PM »

s016 Crystal. Have fun, look around. There is alot to learn here. Also, please share some of your experiences with us! Fresh faces and knowledge are great things here.
A great big welcome BOOOOOO! From the Ghost.
bobhunter

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 11:03:29 PM »

Welcome aboard Crystal! I see you have Texas A & Ms. Are these the Texas Gourmet Quail?
cherndon712

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 11:57:08 AM »

LOL  You are all great! And since I originally posted, I lost all of my animals. My "friend" was supposed to care for them in exchange for $1200/mo rent. She had been a friend for years, so I felt comfortable leaving them in her care while I moved from WY to CO and could find a place there. But, apparently, she didn't feel like caring for them as she starved/dehydrated ALL of them. I had over 80 chickens, 20 chukars, 40 quail, 30 button quail, and various turkeys, ducks, and geese. I didn't find out about it until she tried to sell my steer, and by then they were all gone.
I've since moved back to WY, into my old house. Starting from scratch. Which is bad, since I spent a lot of money on some quality stock for my son to show last year. All in, I'm out over $900  s80 So now I get to buy all those eggs again and spend another 6 months hatching them. Which is fine, as I love doing it. I'm just perturbed as I was supposed to be hatching from my OWN stock this year instead of shipping eggs in again!
So, for all those with eggs, I'm looking again! I'll post in the wanted section!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »