Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:06:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  New or Existing Member's Section
| | |-+  New Member From North Georgia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Member From North Georgia  (Read 3980 times)
cgooch1

« on: March 22, 2009, 10:13:14 PM »

lol2  Hello Folks,
  Greetting from the great state of Georgia, (North Georgia)  BULLDOG COUNTRY  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR c110   My name is Calvin Gooch (cgooch1) US Army Retired 1983, & I am a new member & this is my first post.  I currently do not have any Quail nor have I ever had any quail, but I have decided to raise a few of the California Valley Quail, I have 60 Valley Quail Eggs on order from  McMurray Hatchery that is supose to be shipped on 27 April 2009, I am currently building a quail pen 20'L x 5'W x 5'H with an attached Roost 4'W x 5'L x 4'H.  Any helpful information will be welcomed & appreciated.  I have purchased a # of books on raising quail & of course I am reading the the daily post from you folks on the raising quail forum.  God Bless & Have A Nice Day.<><  Calvin  s85

"Vietnam SkySoldier" (1966-67 & 68)  We Always Provided Our Enemy The Maximum Opportunity To Die For His Cause!!!!!
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 12:10:49 AM »

s016........Calvin!   th3

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 08:26:26 AM »

Welcome to the forum Calvin !
Sounds like you have things under control !

The member here that goes by the name slider lives about an inch to an inch and a quarter to your left (on a map at least  :grin: ) has Valley Quail . He may be able to help you out with eggs, for some mx in the blood lines ?
Just have to figure out how to get a message into his area of swamp  :grin:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 08:38:59 AM by Reeves » Logged
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 06:09:31 PM »

s016 cgooch1, Just wondering how much those 60 valley quail eggs cost you from Mcmurray. thank Ya Jim
cgooch1

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 07:41:20 PM »

Welcome to the forum Calvin !
Sounds like you have things under control !

The member here that goes by the name slider lives about an inch to an inch and a quarter to your left (on a map at least  :grin: ) has Valley Quail . He may be able to help you out with eggs, for some mx in the blood lines ?
Just have to figure out how to get a message into his area of swamp  :grin:

Hello Reeves,
  Thank you for the welcome responce & the information you have provided ref: Member SLIDER, maybe he will send me a few words of incourgement, & let me know his exact location.  Again Thanks.<><  Calvin (Vietnam SkySoldier)

"Vietnam SkySoldier" (1966-67 & 68)  We Always Provided Our Enemy The Maximum Opportunity To Die For His Cause!!!!!
cgooch1

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 07:51:19 PM »

s016 cgooch1, Just wondering how much those 60 valley quail eggs cost you from Mcmurray. thank Ya Jim

Hello Jim,
  Thank you for your welcome responce & your question, both are appreciated.  The answer to your in-direct question is "To Much"  But this was my initial order of quail eggs & I have had excellent service from the McMurray hatchery over the years reference my poultry needs, so I chose them for start-up supply of quail eggs.  Again Thanks & God bless<><  Calvin

jimmeek

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 08:13:27 PM »

McMurray charges $126.60 for 60 Valley Quail eggs.  They won't let you see the shipping cost, til you spend the time and effort to fill out an order, including your credit card number.  That is more than enough reason for me not to do business with them.  makes me think their a bunch of donkeys a**es.  I know folks who buy a lot of chicks from them, and they get a good price.  They do have birds when others don't, but charge more than most, unless you buy thousands.
td

Personal Text

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 05:39:05 PM »

s016 Good luck on the quail.I am also a new member from north Georgia.I want to say thank you for your service to our country. th3
greyghost
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 07:51:02 PM »

Hey TD, s016 and  agd1 thanks for serving Calvin. Ghost.
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 08:19:38 PM »

Those valley quail eggs from McMurray come up to $2.11 each hell that's robbery I sell themfor $1.00 each when I have them. ss1 By the way I would also like to thank Calvin for serving my father also served 2 tour in Vietnam.  ty2 Jim
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »