Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:27:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Mr. Recycling (13 pictures)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mr. Recycling (13 pictures)  (Read 16610 times)
galaxie428

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2008, 10:53:45 AM »

Jbird, I will show you mine if you show me yours!

I don't have any pics here at work but I will see what I got at home. I tried to scan a photo I had here and it looked horrible.

Your car sounds pretty nice. I took mine to a few shows when we first redid it but I haven't since. I had some stuff stolen off of it at the street machine nationals in Duqion, IL a long time ago and I have been to a show since.

How about you CH, are you not driving yours anymore?
jbird
Expert Member

Gods Creatures are for everyone to enjoy

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2008, 01:46:45 AM »

I'll try and scan a few pics, if I can get my scanner to work ( lightning )
galaxie428

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2008, 09:01:17 PM »

I lied, I don't have any pics of mine that I can find. We had our hard drive crash last year and lost all of our pics. It just so happened that we just got back from our honeymoon, downloaded our pics and erased the card for the camera. Shortly after that, the hard drive crashed and we lost EVERYTHING. Not a good subject with the wife.
jbird
Expert Member

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2008, 11:23:45 PM »

galaxie428 ----I thought I was the only one that has bad luck, i've gotten so use of it that I don't even get that upset anymore. Just shake my head and say to myself (what now)
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2008, 02:00:56 PM »

How about you CH, are you not driving yours anymore

I get it out and drive it down the road every once in a great while. It still has leaded fuel in it from 1985!!..........still starts and runs like it did in '85 and have never had any carb problems whatsoever. My father had a '70 Lincoln Mark III with 31,000 miles on it, he had all kinds of carb problems with this new gasoline going bad and making a mess of the carb.  I've been threatening to sell it for 15 years, it's plugging up the garage and could stand to be restored. Paint is original and is scratched, etc. from years of being a "catch-all". Vinyl roof is in perfect condition.  Just can't bring myself to sell it, especially when I fire up that 390, factory dual exhaust with glass packs, no metrics on it whatsoever. Had a lot of good times in that ole car.........those were the days......... s49

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
jbird
Expert Member

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2008, 08:23:08 PM »

Charlie,   still has leaded fuel in it from 1985.  Now that's what I call stretching the price of gas.
 Restoring it would be fun, but it is expensive these days.  I would bet if you sold it you would regret ever doing so.  Every time you fire it up your memory will take you to all them good times you had ------ you don't want to forget them I hope.
Neat Car      Fords forever   :wink:
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2008, 10:01:12 PM »

Restoring it would be fun,

Well, I've got too many other interests and I've never been interested in restoring it. If it where a truck I would be more inclined, I'm not a car person at all. I never cared much for the color of it (Metallic Brown) and would have much preferred a red one. It's not worth a whole lot, even in A-1 condition. 

I would bet if you sold it you would regret ever doing so.

That's what I'm afraid of.    :-|

I'll post a pic when I come across one...........it's buried right now.  I've got 23 years out of one tank of gas!!!!!!!    Hard to believe isn't it?, but it's true, I had to take some fuel out to repair the gas line a few years ago, the familiar smell and the color of the leaded gasoline brought back memories of my Sohio service station days.  Just goes to show how much it has been run since '85. Everything still works, even the headlight doors and A/C. All the heater controls where ran off of vaccum too. Maybe I could sell the fuel on eBay as vintage or antique?   ^-^

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2008, 10:10:16 PM »

Maybe I could sell the fuel on eBay as vintage or antique?

Likely end up in prison for trying to sell a controled substance  s020
jaime7997
Expert Member

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2008, 10:12:09 PM »

Since gas prices have been a constant discussion.... How much was that fuel when it was purchased???????? i9
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2008, 10:31:30 PM »

Likely end up in prison for trying to sell a controled substance 

s020   I wouldn't doubt it............though it wouldn't be the first time I've been arrested and handcuffed.....that's always fun!   :-o

How much was that fuel when it was purchased?

I'm not quite sure. You'd think that a fella who used to sell the stuff could remember, but my long term memmory keeps fading away it seems.  I'm thinking .759 to .809 a gallon seems to come to mind for gas in those years.  I don't remember the exact year when they got rid of leaded gasoline, but they where fazing it out then, I'd say it was close to being banned around '86 or '87?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 10:47:25 PM by CharlieHorse » Logged

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2008, 07:42:51 PM »

Tool trolly done ? May add "stuff" later ?
I had some paint I had never gotten around to getting in my boat. It's a rubberized stuff....so it is a "textured, non skid" surface now.

Got the welder trolly mostly done today......
left...

right

center

back

under carriage up-grade...wheels from a lawn mower, axle from some steel round stock I had and a couple casters, for the welder trolly.
jbird
Expert Member

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2008, 12:04:00 AM »

Reeves, I like the first pic with the gas burner on it. When I'm in the shop I always need my coffee, in fact I never go any where with out it. One of those bad habits. Kind of like smoking, got that one too.
Anyway Reeves thats a neat cart.
jaime7997
Expert Member

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2008, 01:43:47 PM »

You can transform a grill into anything..... s98
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2008, 02:35:36 PM »

jaime...born and raised on/with Dad's heavy construction (D-8s etc) plus building cars , dune buggies etc etc from a lad , all my life. Invent "stuff" and build. I've also given ideas away for free (dumb !) that I really should have put patents on.
I think most older folks will be much the same. Had to invent stuff to make money go farther, plus the "Fun Factor" of building stuff and inventing better ways to do things.

From what I've seen, it is becoming a "lost art".
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2008, 07:40:44 AM »

Looks good Reeves. I had the same problem with the wheels on my "BBQ Welder cart", they become flat on one side with very much weight, I haven't taken the time to replace them yet, but I'll probably be forced into it one of these days when it's least expected. The ole' lawn mower wheels is a good idea.

From what I've seen, it is becoming a "lost art".

It's called "never had to work for anything"..... "Too much, too easy"....."Pure laziness"  s47
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 07:45:18 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »