Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:53:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Birthday
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Birthday  (Read 9268 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2009, 06:51:56 AM »

Thanks all once again for the birthday wishes. My area of WV has been without power over 11 hours due to the high winds and rains that came through here yesterday evening at 6pm after a flawless day of blue skies and 77* sunshine.

Still no idea when the power will be restored in my area. Aux power running at the present time and when daylight shows its face I have to get more gas for the aux gen and also fire up the gen in my Incubatore house since I have a freezer filled with venison.

So I guess my bottle of Ripple and the 30-pack of PBR is now on hold until later this morning.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2009, 07:30:03 AM »

Happy Birthday Steve. Without power you are able to reflect on your many many years  :grin:
My son was also born on this day 17 years ago. We also can't forget Abraham Lincoln.
Enjoy the day

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
ode2god
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2009, 09:35:57 AM »

isnt it still cold enough up there to keep your  venison frozen steve ?...i thought all you guys had to do was keep a bucket outside your door to keep your beer cold .  s020 hope you have a great day today!
Circle R Ranch Kevin Rockholt

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2009, 10:25:59 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY  PHEASANT HOLLOW FARM!  Despite your current situation have a good one!  Thaw out a piece of that venison to go with that ripple and PBR or get with Reeves for some of that Mead!

Circle R Ranch - Kevin Rockholt - Pasadena, Tx - Licensed by the State of TX.  Lic. #  4661
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2009, 12:52:50 PM »

All that wind came through here night before last and it really got rough there for awhile. Good Luck !!!!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »

Happy Birthday Steve. Without power you are able to reflect on your many many years  :grin:
My son was also born on this day 17 years ago. We also can't forget Abraham Lincoln.
Enjoy the day

Thank you Pete, Tell your son Happy Birthday from WV for me. Yes, let us not forget good ol'e Abe.

isnt it still cold enough up there to keep your  venison frozen steve ?...i thought all you guys had to do was keep a bucket outside your door to keep your beer cold .  s020 hope you have a great day today!

Ode,

Temps yesterday after the power outage was 57* and the overnight low was 48* Although all food in the I.H.O.P. freezer was still had as a rock, I decided to run the I.H.O.P.  aux gen just to bring the freezer temp back down to -20* We have sunshine and clouds now with 57* again and winds averaging 5-10mph out of the SW.

As far as a bucket for cold beer, I like mine 40*.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY  PHEASANT HOLLOW FARM!  Despite your current situation have a good one!  Thaw out a piece of that venison to go with that ripple and PBR or get with Reeves for some of that Mead!

Circle R Ranch Kevin Rockholt,

Thank you as well for the birth day wishes. I have a venison london broil thawing out as I type to go on the BBQ. At the present time I have hit the Manischewitz Blackberry wine, and Milwaukee's " Best Ice "

I am not quite toasted yet, but I am getting there. I was reading about Reeves Mead making, interesting..

All that wind came through here night before last and it really got rough there for awhile. Good Luck !!!!

slider, that wind came through here at 6pm sounding like a freight train. The highest that I recorded was 22.5mph. the Wood County Airport (Mid-Ohio- Regional Airport) logged it as being 72mph.

They (the power company) haven't given any restoration time as yet. So people around the area heard it was going to be another 24 hrs. Kinda suck with gas at $1.99.9 a gal when last week it was down to $1.89.9

Again, thanks to all for the birthday wishes.

Steve, the birthday boy getting toasted on wine and beer s020
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2009, 03:02:30 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVE!! sorry for being so late.

Enjoy your day!!!!!!  j2

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 05:54:03 AM »

Happy belated B.D. Steve,
Still stuck out here in the freaken cold part of Hell

By the way, there is a certain Northern Alberta fellow having his B.D. right around here also, If I was at home I think I have a resume with the correct date on it. j1

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2009, 08:00:17 AM »

We also can't forget Abraham Lincoln.

Never met the dude, and I've yet to figure out what he had done that was so great?

:-|

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2009, 01:50:51 PM »

Happy Unbirthday Steve,

story of my life, week late and bucks short,

another decade  and you'll be ten years older and still trying to catch me.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2009, 11:00:27 PM »

We also can't forget Abraham Lincoln.

Never met the dude, and I've yet to figure out what he had done that was so great?

:-|

Well at least I was thinking the same thing......

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »