Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:54:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Feed-Discussion pertaining to various types of feeds, brands, what to feed and when.
| | | |-+  spiders
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: spiders  (Read 26501 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 10:47:13 PM »

Charlie,
It's not Spanish it's French.

Frank

May as well be the same thing ! Cannot read both ! You are in Canada, speak the first language: English !
China shold be a second one, way more of them than french anyway ! And most items are made there !
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 10:53:25 PM »

and furthermore, did you know that the silica in (sand) blasting is much the same as what is in DE ? And that blasting sand is/has to be used in a controled environment and disposed of in a controled manner ? (in Canada)

Look up the hazards of silica and you will never use the stuff. As I said years ago, you couldn't pay me to have the stuff on my property !

t15
frank_lap_127
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 11:51:29 PM »

Reeve's, take a look at that, born-francophone are a bit more than 1/3 of born-anglophone  s020
http://www40.statcan.ca/l01/cst01/demo11a.htm

Oh by the way, it doesn't change that in Ottawa both languages are spoke and that there are many francophone places in Canada, but I think that people of my generation who don't learn english better than they do is not a great thing. However, I'm proud to speak French, it's not a disadvantage no?  s020

It's part of (most) quebecers culture. Oh well, if you listen to Lord Durham (I don't know if you ever heard of him), we were a group without culture and history (true for the first part though...). Today we got our own culture, but if you consider that Émile Nelligan (a  s53 bad francophone poet) is a part of quebecer's culture,  s53 I don't like that culture anymore  :grin:

Anyway, bonne soirée!  ^-^

Frankophone  s020
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 03:42:07 AM »

s020 boy did this topic go way off course... it went from Spiders spider  to   Frogs a40   s020

Give'm Hell frank_lap_127  i6   I will add though, my first and only language is American English. If you want to participate in an american (U.S.) custom, learn to speak, write, and understand our language.

I wouldn't expect any less from a foreign country, from that of me, and since I have had my share of foreign countries, being in the U.S.N. I am just fine with one, and only one language, being American English.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 03:47:28 AM by Pheasant Hollow Farm » Logged

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
frank_lap_127
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 08:34:29 AM »

Steve,
I don't have any problems against people speaking only one language, and I do my best to learn the ''American English'' like you are saying, but for the people who don't know more than one language, they don't have to judge people who know more than one and try to explain their mind in English when they are francophone. Does it still sounds stupid?

I received e-mail telling that I was laughing of ''yankees'' (wrothe like that in the text), what the heck is hard to understand in what I am saying, I'm not laughing of anybody, but it's only normal to judge ourself before to judge somebody else.

But I don't care if you don't speak French or another language, just don't laugh of my English.

Frank
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 08:58:47 AM »

::)

Yeeeeehaaaaawwwww!!!

Look up the hazards of silica and you will never use the stuff. As I said years ago, you couldn't pay me to have the stuff on my property !

Although I have never used the DE on or around animals, I do remember what you said about it and have yet to ever use it.  I''ll have to see if I can find those threads when I get time, unless someone beats me to it.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 09:06:44 AM »

Steve,
I don't have any problems against people speaking only one language, and I do my best to learn the ''American English'' like you are saying, but for the people who don't know more than one language, they don't have to judge people who know more than one and try to explain their mind in English when they are francophone. Does it still sounds stupid?

I received e-mail telling that I was laughing of ''yankees'' (wrothe like that in the text), what the heck is hard to understand in what I am saying, I'm not laughing of anybody, but it's only normal to judge ourself before to judge somebody else.

But I don't care if you don't speak French or another language, just don't laugh of my English.

Frank

Hey frank,

You best step back there little fellow....... I did not laugh at you about your English(typihg skills).

If you think that you are being picked on because of you English(typing skills), you have got to be mistaken. komer is in the same situation if not worse off then you.

At least komer thinks things out before he posts and his communication skills are superior to yours.

So don't get me started. I can be your best friend or your Worst Nighmare....

The only person I ever picked on as far as his English(typing), was birdlover. I have always given the benifit of doubt to the non speaking(typing)member here.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 11:27:51 AM »

j4

Here's a pic of some stuff that I picked up at Tough Sh_ Charlies or maybe it was SLowes, anyway, I had planted some very small Siberian Elms (about 20) in a row for a future hedge row.  Some sort of micro critter decided to tear into them, so I put some of this on them:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 11:34:10 AM »

It has to be harmless....... doesn't it?  Despite the fact that it is practically covered with warning labels of all sorts. (never read them)  :-o  Plus it says "poultry and garden" with all those nice pictures of healthy pigs, dogs, corn, cucumbers, asparagus, and the like right on the front.

^-^

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 11:38:49 AM »

The active ingredient is permethrin, son, that stuff'll kill ya !

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2008, 11:47:47 AM »

::)

Here it is:  http://www.thatquailplace.com/smf/index.php?topic=2549.0

The active ingredient is permethrin, son, that stuff'll kill ya !

Yeah, but so will women and beer.     j4

:-|

frank_lap_127
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 11:56:13 AM »

Hey frank,

You best step back there little fellow....... I did not laugh at you about your English(typihg skills).

If you think that you are being picked on because of you English(typing skills), you have got to be mistaken. komer is in the same situation if not worse off then you.

At least komer thinks things out before he posts and his communication skills are superior to yours.

Hey Steve,

Never said that YOU personnally laugh of me! Did I ever got a ''problem'' with you? I consider that now, so I don't know why I would try to get you as my ''worst nightmare''... What I said is that some people laugh of my english, but I didn't said you, don't take it personnally as you don't have to! :wink:

And I want to learn American English, but when you only live in a francophone environment, it's hard to be able to get the best english as possible.

Oh, about comparing me to Komer, I don't have any problem with that, I know I'm not the best, but it's just a useless comparison to me...

The only thing I was meaning is, if you don't know a lot of languages, don't judge the young who try to learn more than (I say you but it doesn't mean Steve or anybody else personnally) one language. I know my english isn't good, if some people don't want to read my texts because I'm not able to writhe as an american, well they just have to don't read and if it's so bad, well the moderators just have to contact me to say my english is so bad that they'll close my account. I won't do like another person who got trouble here by being really respectless to you and get other accounts name like ''Man of justic'' or any  s53 of that kind.

Is it okay know? If somebody is still taking it to personnally, contact me by PM or e-mails, we can even talk on phone (it might be worst to understand though!  c49) and I'll explain you what I mean.

Frank
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 12:08:38 PM by frank_lap_127 » Logged
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2008, 04:10:00 PM »

And I want to learn American English

What's wrong with Canadian English, eh ?

:angel:

frank_lap_127
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2008, 04:45:06 PM »

Nothing, as a Canadian I even prefer it, but it seems people won't understand me  s020

Frank
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2008, 04:58:51 PM »

Good point. Speaking American English would be so slow, all would be able to understand   :evil:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »