Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:20:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Members Pictures
| | |-+  April 10 2008
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: April 10 2008  (Read 6956 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« on: April 11, 2008, 11:49:38 AM »

Thought you southern folk would like to see why I have a hard time growing gardens etc. up here !
(sorry if the pictures are too wide: PhotoBucket is giving me trouble)

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 12:10:27 PM »

Nice picture! What is the temp hovering around there lately?

Steve
Pheasant Holow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 12:19:28 PM »

Below 0c at night. About +10(ish) during the day. Sunday "they" are calling for +18c (or more) so the snow will go fast this weekend. With the freezing each night, it slows the melting down. In the late afternoon, the snow pack is like mashed potatoes. But night turns it hard, right down to the ground. So each day it all has to warm up again. When it stays mushy under the surface over night, the snow will go in a matter of a couple days. At least the areas that get lots of sun. Shaded and bush areas will hold snow longer.
Been waiting for the rivers to bust open. After the first couple days of ice off, it will clear for a while before it really dirties up for the spring/summer. At this time of clear water, is the best time to hit a big river near by for Walleye, Pike and some other species of fish.
How ever, one has to be aware of their suroundings : Bear season.
How many people do you know go fishing with a shot gun or rifle ?
 :grin:
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 12:59:03 PM »

Great pictures Reeves, you can still have a garden up there, plant a Winter garden with evergreens, and other plants that can take the cold.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 01:40:37 PM »

Great pictures Reeves, you can still have a garden up there, plant a Winter garden with evergreens, and other plants that can take the cold.

j45 j44 j41

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm j2

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 01:43:58 PM »

Yummy.  I hear them juniper leaves, and Blue spruce needles make great salads.  Garnish with Shoeshoe pellets, for an extra treat.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 01:51:43 PM »

Yummy.  I hear them juniper leaves, and Blue spruce needles make great salads.  Garnish with Shoeshoe pellets, for an extra treat.

j45 j45 j45 s85

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 04:27:16 PM »

::)    :-|

Reeves, you could close one of those pens up with some clear plastic and have yourself a greenhouse or use black plastic and raise some of those Veal Pheasants we've heard so much about?

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 04:29:21 PM »

Reeves, you could close one of those pens up with some clear plastic and have yourself a greenhouse or use black plastic and raise some of those Veal Pheasants we've heard so much about?

My pens are way too big for that !

s020
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 08:03:01 PM »

My pens are way too big for that !

s020

Not if you pack 5000 in there.

Veal Pheasant sounds interesting, they get pretty tough, when they can run.

Maybe CharlieHorse, and I should combine resources to create "Kobe Quail".  He has the feed source if he doesn't hog it all.  What about "Bud Birds" for a name brand?

Maybe this is a sign from God, maybe not.  I mistyped "source", as "souse" above.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 07:39:26 AM »

That is a pretty cool picture!!!!!!!  I been picking Strawberries for 2 weeks now...corn is up,squash is up and tomatoes are blooming..... i9

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 12:42:17 PM »

Nice pics, looks like my backyard except for the good pens. Its snowing here right now.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »