Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 11:48:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Another sad day at the farm
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another sad day at the farm  (Read 18841 times)
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 06:56:41 AM »

Hi Steve

The visit to the vet is definitely needed, something is wrong.

Good luck on it.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 07:40:55 AM »

Glad you got her back Steve. I hope all turns out well.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 10:05:59 AM »

Good Luck with her!!!!!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2008, 01:23:37 PM »

I've got a 5pm appointment with the vet for her. I will let you know the out come.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 01:58:10 PM »

For what it might be worth, my 5 year old Brittany recently eat something that was very moldy.  I noticed that when it came back up on my bed at 3a.m.  He was disoriented, staggering, but also shaking, and even convulsive.  Lost about 3 pounds, almost overnight from dehydration.  $350 later, I had a re-hydrated, active, but weak dog.  Some months back, my best female went through the same thing.  I know for sure she got into some moldy breaded chicken. 

The symptoms aren't identical, but it's something to have the Vet consider.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 02:12:25 PM »

For what it might be worth, my 5 year old Brittany recently eat something that was very moldy.  I noticed that when it came back up on my bed at 3a.m.  He was disoriented, staggering, but also shaking, and even convulsive.  Lost about 3 pounds, almost overnight from dehydration.  $350 later, I had a re-hydrated, active, but weak dog.  Some months back, my best female went through the same thing.  I know for sure she got into some moldy breaded chicken. 

The symptoms aren't identical, but it's something to have the Vet consider.

You know, that sound pretty much like what had happened to Koffee. These are the same symptoms she is having disoriented, staggering, also shaking, and even convulsive. but not a true convulsion, and more of a shiver then shaking. Her heart rate is stable. I don't have a rectile thermometer, otherwise I would have the temp. Her gums are a nice pink color as her tongue. She has also coughed up a huge mass of flem as well. Her eyes are glassy and when she gets up she looks for a corner and noses into it.

She is drinking water, and eating, her urine output is normal as well as her urine color. Her stools are normal as well but, not the normal output that would normally occur after her feeding.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
ode2god
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2008, 09:04:42 PM »

well pleasant ill say a little prayer for her i hope she snaps out of it kinda makes me think of lady bird on king of the hill i9
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2008, 06:14:14 AM »

I'll find out what the blood test show sometime today, but the vet thinks she had a stroke.

He also was looking into the back of her eyes and noticed the fluids that should be gliding across was actually swirling around and had no idea on the cause. He hasn't seen anything like this in his 30 years as a vet.

He did a simple test to see if she could see, by droping a cotton ball on the floor in close proxsimity to which she did notice.

He stated that an optomologist would have to look at it.

So between her eyes and the possibility of a stroke, he feels this is what is causing her disorientation as far as seeing.

She is on medication called Elavial an anti depressive, 50mgs twice daily to help with the disorientation.

He also stated that studies have been made on dogs over 10 years of age that have died and autopsied(necropsy) on the brain all showed signs of stroke.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2008, 09:25:25 AM »

All lab work came back fine. The vet said the lab results looked like a 2 year old. The problem rests in her brain.

Hopefully she will come out of this stroke.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

ode2god
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 10:28:37 AM »

ILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS ! j2
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2008, 02:45:56 PM »

ILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS ! j2

Why are you keeping me in your prayers? Koffee needs them not me.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2008, 03:52:44 PM »

Man Steve you and I think so much alike it ant funny.... s020

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2008, 05:48:52 AM »

Man Steve you and I think so much alike it ant funny.... s020

Yes it is  j45 j45 j45 j45

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2008, 09:37:18 AM »

Koffee needs them not me.

I think you need all the help you can get!                          :evil:

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2008, 10:26:36 AM »

Koffee needs them not me.

I think you need all the help you can get!                          :evil:

Once aginnnn in you azzumpchon CharlieHorse, you are correct. s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »