Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 03:15:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  killer acorns ??
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: killer acorns ??  (Read 16445 times)
ode2god
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2008, 09:56:33 PM »

hey pleasant lol hows it going  :grin:
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2008, 05:14:19 AM »

Still hanging ode.......stiiiiiiiill hanging s020

I trust your BBQ went as planned? Take any pictures?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
ode2god
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2008, 09:47:49 PM »

Steve                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  wish i did pleasant i need a new camera ...workin on it .. then youll probably get sick of my photography lol  i had a great bbq my girl freind came over and we planted  some really cool bushes in my yard and edged 1/2 my trees with mondo grass...today we picked up some chaya/aka spinach trees  ill be planting them tomorrow...theyre edible ... can you feed quail cooked greens? they have to be cooked 1 minute to remove toxins
Pheasant Hollow Farm
j1   lol i like yer h its cute ...if you dont like me calling you pleasant ill stop ..lol i wouldnt want the other kids 2 pick on you ! lol lol
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 09:50:50 PM by ode2god » Logged
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2008, 03:07:34 AM »

Steve                                                                                                               Pheasant Hollow Farm 

wish i did pleasant i need a new camera ...workin on it .. then youll probably get sick of my photography lol  i had a great bbq my girl freind came over and we planted  some really cool bushes in my yard and edged 1/2 my trees with mondo grass...today we picked up some chaya/aka spinach trees  ill be planting them tomorrow...theyre edible ... can you feed quail cooked greens? they have to be cooked 1 minute to remove toxins
j1   lol i like yer h its cute ...if you dont like me calling you pleasant ill stop ..lol i wouldnt want the other kids 2 pick on you ! lol lol

ode,

Like I stated earlier,, you can call me anything you want, just don't call me late for supper. s020

Your
can you feed quail cooked greens?
I have now idea, I just raise pheasants, and I will put cooked left over bake potatoes in the pen or left over corn on the cob and they will eat it.

What's wrong with your camera? Get flour dust in it?

Your
"then youll probably get sick of my photography lol "
No, not at all.. I enjoy looking at pictures.... I am still waiting to see those famous cookies of yours...... I am begining to think CharlieHorse is right, you just re-package Wal-mart..  s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
ode2god
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2008, 09:18:50 PM »

we'll do pleasant ... ill let you know when its done lol we re havin basketti tonght  with crazy bread from little ceasars...! quick question, are bob whites hard 2 raise ? im looking for an easy city chicken...lol something more exciting than coturnix  you know more color but easy to raise .. j2
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2008, 10:39:39 PM »

If you are looking for easy then you are on the wrong Forum....

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2008, 03:54:31 AM »

we'll do pleasant ... ill let you know when its done lol we re havin basketti tonght  with crazy bread from little ceasars...! quick question, are bob whites hard 2 raise ? im looking for an easy city chicken...lol something more exciting than coturnix  you know more color but easy to raise .. j2

Ode,

Who are these quick questions thrown at? If they were to me, once again,
Your
can you feed quail cooked greens?

My Reply:(PHF)
I have now idea, I just raise pheasants,

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2008, 09:23:08 AM »

I do not know why you would want to feed quail cooked greens. Just feed them fresh ones without cooking. They are better for the birds and you do not have a pile of crap in there cage. My birds get fresh greens 2 to 3 times a week fresh from my garden..They really go for them. Give the cooked ones to your grand children..

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
ode2god
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2008, 09:39:48 PM »

I do not know why you would want to feed quail cooked greens. Just feed them fresh ones without cooking. They are better for the birds and you do not have a pile of crap in there cage. My birds get fresh greens 2 to 3 times a week fresh from my garden..They really go for them. Give the cooked ones to your grand children..
                                                                                                                 :wink: thanks for the advice theres just one tensie problem ..the greens are from a spinach tree aka chaya...what i read you have to cook them 1 minute to remove toxins dont know if theyre toxic to birds uncooked... thats why i was wondering if itd be a problem to feed them to them cooked ...they are 6 percent protien and have lots of vitamins and minerals...besides being free food...                                                      thanks slider                                                                                                                   oh and thanks pleasant   i didnt know if you knew anything about quail  j2
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2008, 10:02:25 PM »

Sounds like Poke Salad...leave it alone...

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2008, 04:46:48 AM »

:wink: thanks for the advice theres just one tensie problem ..the greens are from a spinach tree aka chaya...what i read you have to cook them 1 minute to remove toxins dont know if theyre toxic to birds uncooked... thats why i was wondering if itd be a problem to feed them to them cooked ...they are 6 percent protien and have lots of vitamins and minerals...besides being free food...                                                      thanks slider                                                                                                                   oh and thanks pleasant   i didnt know if you knew anything about quail  j2

Just the basics my dear, just the basics..

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2008, 07:23:41 AM »

My Bobs got treated with spinach and lettuce in jan and feb,  talking all the time as they ate them. 

My Button Quail did the same thing. 

They also liked raw butternut or acorn squash. A 3-4" piece of that did them, they'd eat a good sized handful of the greens per pair or trio.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2008, 07:37:12 AM »

How about the inside of pumpkins? The pheasants seem to like them. I know they (pheasants) will eat cucumbers given the chance. They don't like cabbage or lettuce. Naturally, they go crazy for Fresh Picked corn on  the cob.

They (pheasants) will eat the Black Walnut leaves that have turned color during the fall along with the Maple leaves. They will also eat grass if it is put in the pen as sod, but fresh grass clipping they won't bother with.

They won't bother with the apples, orange, or any black or red rasberries either.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2008, 08:33:28 AM »

Quail also like bread. I let it sit out for a day before I feed it. And they (quail) really like watermelon and other water base fruits..and they better like milo because I just bought  1 ton of it.. s020

ode2god
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2008, 04:50:34 PM »

Quail also like bread. I let it sit out for a day before I feed it. And they (quail) really like watermelon and other water base fruits..and they better like milo because I just bought  1 ton of it.. s020
                                                                                                                  lol you better hope they do if not let me know ill look up a recipe for you   cause you might be the one eaten it lol let me know j45
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »