Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:23:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Buy and Sell
| | |-+  Bird dogs.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bird dogs.  (Read 2756 times)
greyghost
« on: February 22, 2010, 11:49:41 PM »

I am going to ask allot of my fellow members. On January 25th I lost a fabulous dog, Roxy died while on a walk with me and her brother, Thor.
Thor is a 190lb. Rott-Doby mix dog, just like his sister. Roxy was from the first litter, same parents. She was ten years old. Thor is eight now, and he is my best friend.
Before Roxy left us, my Wife told me that we would never have another dog after these two. Last week Linda said; " So what kind of hunting dog did you have in mind?"
So, I am looking for an English pointer, or German Shorthair pointer. Or, I am open to suggestion. I am in Northern Illionois and having been off work for the last four months, then back working for a temp agency, I don't have allot of money.  Any help would be good, even adoption.   ty2
Ghost.
DoubleL911
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 07:01:39 AM »

What are you going to hunt
It has been my experience that the English pointer does not make as good of a family dog as the outher breeds of hunting dogs.Sounds like you would want a companion
I am partial to the American Brittany
AKC website has listings of breed rescue or adoption groups.
NSTRA website classified adds
Gundog on line classifieds sometimes.
Good luck
Larry Lain
www.doublelquailfarms.com
greyghost
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 01:52:45 PM »

I'll give AKC a look! Thanks, Larry.
setterman

Personal Text

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 07:55:59 PM »

Ghost,
I have a nice young male setter out of field trial blood stays in gun range,been shot and pointng birds on check cord...Could let him go for 400.00 plus shipping.....send me email to setters1973@yahoo.com if interested

Raising quail and partridge for release or hunting parties!

Permit Breeder
greyghost
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 10:19:16 PM »

Hey Double L, you cannot believe the Bulls&tt I have gone through over the last week or so! The HSUS is so close to PETA I cannot believe it. They took a THREE time champion and cut his b$lls off! WTF! Then I found a site in Illinois for hunting dog rescue. Well, Lisa wanted to know what food I gave to Thor, then told me I  could not feed that food to the new dog. I agreed, and then SHE told me that the dog (@$$$@)  would never be adopted " by a man again." It is obvious to me that "Lisa" does not like Men or hunters. So, I ask you; why is the state of Illinois allowing this person to run an adoption agency for dogs? Thank God she does not deal with Children!
greyghost
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 04:06:36 AM »

:grin:  Betcha can't guess what I pickin' up this weekend!  Dang, ya'll are smart! Have a look. That little fella in the middle is "Rocky." My wife named him. I am going to Nashville.
DoubleL911
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 07:04:25 AM »

Good looking fellow
Glad you found a future hunting buddy,
Careful if mom named him he might be on your pillow before long.
Larry Lain
www.doublelquailfarms,com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »