Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 04:18:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Production and Business
| |-+  Gamebird Business Aspects
| | |-+  quail farm in nw georgia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: quail farm in nw georgia  (Read 8017 times)
aljalj64

« on: July 08, 2008, 03:15:45 PM »

i am thinking of starting a quail farm in nw georgia have a few contacts with a few hunters does any body know of any body around this area that raises quail in large # would like to get as much info as possible have raised birds in time past small flocks wanted to go bigger
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 03:41:48 PM »

One of the largest producers in the country is in Wadley.

Be sure to do plenty of research.  It gets pretty complicated.  Allow 12-1/2 pounds of feed per bird (if you don't have to keep them around long, after grown.  25 pounds minimum per year per bird, if you don't have any waste.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
aljalj64

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 04:39:00 PM »

are there any certain certification that is required in the state of georgia if so what would it be ,how many bird would you have to have to need this
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 07:50:59 AM »

are there any certain certification that is required in the state of georgia if so what would it be ,how many bird would you have to have to need this

Go straight to the horses mouth, Check with your local State DNR for any permits, license fees, and liability insurance. Then ask them for a copy of the Rules and Regulations.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
tish13

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 02:28:43 PM »

You need a Commercial Quail Breeders Licence to raise and sell Bobwhite.  You only need a Poultry Licence to raise and sell Cotnix quail.  I raise both so I pocess both types of licence s144
tweezy50
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 03:46:08 PM »

i5  See......this thread shows we do behave like adults around here when people ask questions the  ADULT way s016 s016
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

Kick 'Em Up - Knock 'Em Down

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 07:39:27 PM »

j41 That post made me smile a bit...  Thing is though, I got my balls busted when I asked dumb questions...... :-*

Chukar and Pheasant Propogation - Trust my advice based on the knowledge that I have not been doing this very long and don't know a lot more than I do know...  But at least I know that I don't know
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »