Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:00:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Supplier Feedback
| | |-+  Orders from Lake Cumberland Game Farms
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Orders from Lake Cumberland Game Farms  (Read 4222 times)
murbis
« on: May 15, 2004, 10:58:52 PM »

I live in Texas and I am having problems getting in touch with Lake Cumberland.
Ordered 500  jumbo bobwhite eggs and 50 -100 chuckar chicks.
I called and emailed for the ship date.
Finally got a reply in email  3weeks later.
It said they'd ship Wednesday, 5-13
Today's the 15th.
Am I expecting it to ship too soon, or do they take longer to fill orders?
Thanks for your reply.
scc
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 09:06:32 AM »

I've done business with lake cumberland in the past and have never had a problem getting in touch with them or otherwise. This year they couldn't fill my order when I needed it so I had to find several new suppliers. As far as the shipping of your eggs, 5/13 was thursday and if thats when they were shipped you may not receive them till monday. Most suppliers don't ship that late in the week. Most ship on monday, tuesday, or saturday.
murbis
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 06:51:01 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  I've done business with them once before, this year, and we were very pleased with the hatching %.
I'm glad to hear your answer.
murbis
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 05:53:45 PM »

Received the eggs today, in great shape.  I really like the %.  One of the jumbo bobwhite hens that were from one  of his previous egg orders laid an egg two to three times as big as usual.  Candeled it.  It has an embryo.  If it hatches, we're calling baby hughey!
!BigHogLeg!
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 02:48:43 AM »

Hello,
   Yes David does have good eggs and large ones too. I had a great hatch rate outta mine last year. The only problem is I was lied to on way to many occasions about when they were shipping out. I lost two days work waiting on eggs that were supposedly coming in when they actually hadn't even been shipped out. Thank God I was able to make my time up at work later. I was very surprized when the eggs did finally come in. The packing was first rate and only three eggs were cracked. The eggs were very clean and large. I don't know what goes on over there at Lake Cumberland but he is killing his business with laziness and lieing to people about when shipments are supposedly going out. Other than the lieing and poor shipping I'd have to say his birds and eggs are top notch. Kinda looks like the bird business is on the back burner over there at Lake Cumberland. I hope they get it straitened out because I really would like to get some more of his birds/eggs. I just can't put everything else on hold again waiting for eggs that may or may not come in. I just don't have someone at home that can run to the post office when they call, if they call. I completly understand your delimma. The eggs that I hatched last year yeilded some pretty large birds. I found that the really big birds would die prematurely just after adulthood. I guess heart attacks or something. All the smaller birds lived just fine.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »