Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:48:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  help with little giant
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: help with little giant  (Read 2065 times)
honda2hummer
« on: July 07, 2006, 06:47:32 PM »

just bought another little giant and a a egg turner, not sure about the egg turner, it says the little stakes are for big eggs, but it didn't come with small ones, will the stakes that is comes with turn my quail eggs, please tell me it will, theylook like they fit, not perfect but they look okay to me.  I am getting worried, another thing, I didn't have room for another bator in my house area so I put it in the laundry room on the dryer, only place for the plug, will this hurt my eggs, maybe the vibration? i have not used the dryer yet since i put it there, I wanted to ask first, the only other place would be outside in the shed and it get really hot in their during the day would this be okay.
How long before I can put my baby quails in their cage outside, they are 2 days old and in the shed and it is hot so when i put the light on for them it is to hot now, the pen i made fore them outside has a big inside nest, they can walk out and get air and sunlight. what do ya'll think..
heather
gsc
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 07:42:01 PM »

You have to purchase the quail cups separately.  The cups that come with the turner are for pheasant size and up.

On the placement of the incubator, I don't think the vibration and temperature changes caused by a hot dryer are going to be good.  You need an environment that is 65-80 degrees for the incubators to work properly and the closer you come a constant temperature the better.

I wouldn't let the new chicks run wild yet, and you need to watch the temperature.  If they get too hot or too cold they will die.  You need to be able to regulate the temperature about the same as when they were in the incubator, only not quite as tight.  It does need to be close to 95 degrees for the first week and then decrease 5 degrees per week until they are comfortable the outside temperatures.  It takes some work and planning to successfully raise quail or any gamebird, but they are a lot of fun.  Good luck, and keep asking questions.
gp
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 10:34:33 PM »

What he said.....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »