Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:15:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Weather cooling down finally!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weather cooling down finally!  (Read 9184 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« on: September 12, 2007, 08:00:31 AM »

Seem like a break in the heat wave has finally come. The temps around here in WV are falling down for the highs only 74* today and sun and Thursday and Friday in the mid 80's and for the weekend only in the upper 60's.

What a relief! Now I can continue working outside on the property and turn off the AC.

How's the temps by you?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 08:11:47 AM »

Cool ! Had three nights of frost, so far. Then a warm night (single digit) and today is going to be a high of +8c with rain.
Fun day in wet sticky clay for me......

Farmers have been waiting for dry weather to harvest grain crops. I saw yesterday they were going wide open. If things do not get better and fast, their crops will be lost....
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 08:26:49 AM »

Cool ! Had three nights of frost, so far. Then a warm night (single digit) and today is going to be a high of +8c with rain.
Fun day in wet sticky clay for me......

Farmers have been waiting for dry weather to harvest grain crops. I saw yesterday they were going wide open. If things do not get better and fast, their crops will be lost....

I didn't know you had clay up by you. The hay fields around here are hammered. They usually get 3 cuttings, but with the limited rain we have had, little to no growth at all for even a second cutting.

Prices of hay/straw have jump up like crazy!

How much summer weather do you get by you, and what is the mean summer temps in F* What is your normal mean temp in F* for the winter months?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 08:51:19 PM »

Lots of clay here ! It's even mixed with the top soil, so when you walk on wet stuff, your boots get to 50lbs in 4 steps  :laugh:

No idea what the mean temps are. Look up Edmonton, drop it a couple degrees and it should be close...I just know it gets "cool" from Sept to May and warmish from June to Aug  :laugh:
Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 03:28:43 PM »

Here in MN we were in the high thirties last night and this week we will just go beyond 60.  It must be close to hunting season :laugh:
MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 07:51:56 PM »

It was 103 degrees here last weekend and I woke up to dew on my car window this AM.  I guess the weather is changing.  The acorns are dropping by bucket loads, the buzzards are flying north, the leaves are falling, the turkey's and doves are everywhere and the tarantulas are starting to come out.  Yep all the signs of Fall.   Thank god fire season is almost over, I'm tired!

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
www.mtbulliongamebirds.com
Licensed Gamebird Breeder by the California Department of Fish and Game.  A.I. clean tested.  Not currently N.P.I.P.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 11:16:05 PM »

This is the weather that used to be here in august, especially the cooling down at night. Miserable month august was here, day and night. Now it's firewood cutting/splitting season........don't know if that's good or not?   :laugh:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 07:13:04 AM »

This is the weather that used to be here in august, especially the cooling down at night. Miserable month august was here, day and night. Now it's firewood cutting/splitting season........don't know if that's good or not?   :laugh:

Sunday night/Monday morning it hit 37* here. I went out to get the chainsaw ready to do some work yesterday and wouldn't you know, it won't stay running. Now I have to have it fixed. Never fails! I even broke the trigger.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

murphys42002

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 08:26:36 AM »

Yep it's cooling down alright.Mid 70s in the morning 90 or so in the day time around here.FREEZING LOL
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 09:35:26 AM »

Well I have to say that I enjoy the cooler temps. I just hope that it doesn't get back into the 90* at all the rest of the season.

....But then again, we do get an Indian Summer!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 06:16:54 AM »

Well it seems that Indian Summer has kicked in.

Here is the weather forcast for my area in WV.

Friday- Low: 57° High: 88° Sunny 
Saturday- Low: 60° High: 89° Partly Cloudy Sunny
Sunday- Low: 56° High: 88° Sunny
Monday- Low: 56° High: 91° Sunny
Tuesday- Low: 63° High: 78° Isolated T-storms

Doesn't look like to much wood cutting of the white oak that I have out back that is a down fall until at least Tuesday. I finished up on the splitting of the wood that I cut all last week and stacked in the barn.

We still haven't had any rain and I haven't cut the grass either. Just the weeds growing.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 04:16:45 PM »

Here we are October and the weather in WV the last week has been in the upper 80's. Tomorrow we are getting back into the 90* mark.

Sure hope the temps drop down for bow hunting in the next 2 weeks. I hate taking a deer in 80-90* temps.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 08:54:02 PM »

Camping trip here this weekend, squirrel hunting and tromping on property and house remnants our grandfather was born on, about a 100 mile trip. My cousin and I planned it later in the year because of it being too warm last year when we went in late september, now it's suppose to around 90 this entire weekend   :x

Thanks Steve!....you jinxed us.  :oops:

Makes a guy want to pack up and go to Canada!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 12:20:02 AM »

Camping trip here this weekend, squirrel hunting and tromping on property and house remnants our grandfather was born on, about a 100 mile trip. My cousin and I planned it later in the year because of it being too warm last year when we went in late september, now it's suppose to around 90 this entire weekend   :x

Thanks Steve!....you jinxed us.  :oops:

I got a schoolhouse I'll sell ya! :laugh:

Steve
Pheasant Hollow farm

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2007, 07:53:34 AM »

The weather thingy on the computer says +2c at this moment, but I live at a lower elevation than where the weather stn. is, and it's below 0 right now. Has been every morning for a couple weeks.
High today , calling for +6c.
"They" are calling for temps into the double digits next week, one day is up to a high of +17c !  Way too hot !  :laugh:

I got a schoolhouse I'll sell ya!

Make sure you bring your wood stove and some plastic to cover broken windows ! Moose repellent may be helpful as well: in rut right now  :laugh:

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »