Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:14:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  remove eggs?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: remove eggs?  (Read 8187 times)
gsc
Expert Member

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 06:36:06 PM »

Check to make sure the slides are not caught on something or are binding.  It's a pretty simple mechanism, but can have problems, other wise, it could the motor.  Is it straining or just making noise?
chickmatt
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 09:31:08 PM »

just makin noise
ncffp163
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2006, 09:43:56 PM »

Is it turning the eggs?
chickmatt
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2006, 08:03:46 PM »

yeah
ncffp163
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2006, 11:01:06 PM »

As long as its turning the eggs, I wouldn't worry about it. My turner makes a little noise too.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2006, 11:23:48 PM »

How much longer until eggs are due?

I've yet to encounter a problem with one, but if I were to guess, I would say that it would almost have to be in the motor, since nothing else is moving fast enough to really make any noise. Unless something has bound up putting a strain on the motor?

As long as it is still turning, I'd probably let it run until eggs are done.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
stewaw
Expert Member

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2006, 09:12:27 AM »

Mine seem to take "spells" where the electric motor will begin making an unusual grinding noise.  This most often occurs AFTER I've had the tray out candling eggs or doing some other manipulation with it. I always figured it that I had just gotten it in a slight bind and the motor was having to work a little harder than it was designed to.  Just give it a gentle twist (or otherwise reposition it) in the incubator and see if it doesn't stop.

David
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2006, 10:55:11 PM »

Mine seem to take "spells" where the electric motor will begin making an unusual grinding noise.  This most often occurs AFTER I've had the tray out candling eggs or doing some other manipulation with it. I always figured it that I had just gotten it in a slight bind and the motor was having to work a little harder than it was designed to.  Just give it a gentle twist (or otherwise reposition it) in the incubator and see if it doesn't stop.

David

Exactly!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
chickmatt
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2006, 06:04:35 PM »

i think i will just leave it alone it only has till next tuesda yand it is coming out. then i will check it out after then
wvgirl
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2007, 05:49:54 AM »

I strongly suggest removing the eggs from the turner. I had some eggs that a quail had in a nest that she abandoned. I took them and put them in the incubator to see if they would hatch. I wasn't sure of the hatch date and under estimated it. The hatched while I was at work. A couple of the chicks got caught up in the turner and died. Others made it, but I would suggest removing the turner.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »