Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:15:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Red JungleFowl ***Hatchlings***
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Red JungleFowl ***Hatchlings***  (Read 55699 times)
HaloBoy88

« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2008, 07:23:55 PM »

Congrats on those little guys.
The ones I ordered arrived today and they are very nice looking. I got 6 and hope they turn out great. Lets hope we can stay connected so we can exchange birds next time yeah?

Wanna say HI to all by the way

Tim - Red & Yellow Goldens, Lady Amhearst, Reeves, & Now 6 JF Chicks
lglenn

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2008, 11:29:35 PM »

333  you know anybodys got jfowls for sell?

prefer grown, but chicks or eggs ok
333_okh
Expert Member

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2008, 11:45:00 PM »

I do not.  I have been getting eggs.  Try o nof the hatcheries like Welp, Inc.

http://www.welphatchery.com/rare/jungle_fowl.asp

CoopVilla
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2008, 12:43:08 AM »

333  you know anybodys got jfowls for sell? prefer grown, but chicks or eggs ok

Theres been a few different sellers over on egg.bid from the east coast selling RJF & GJF. If you're interested, you'll find them in the listings for eggs under pheasants - Theres a dozen listed right now - If it were me, I'd ask the seller a few questions before placing a bid but It depends on what you're after - Good Luck !
HaloBoy88

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2008, 01:42:39 AM »

I thought i can input some about the eggbid story i heard of. i believe a few weeks back, there was this seller who listed on eggbid for a pair of jungle fowls that looked nothing like jf at all. They look like BBR something but definitely not rjf and he wanted like $120 for the pair or something. Please make sure you cross reference the pictures at least with another source to be safe.
Otherwise, good luck and don't hesitate to call me in if there is more than one being listed. I would love to get some other bloodlines.
The ones I have right now are of the san diego zoo line from Tommy's.
Lovin them  :grin:

Tim - Red & Yellow Goldens, Lady Amhearst, Reeves, & Now 6 JF Chicks
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2008, 12:24:51 PM »

I thought i can input some about the eggbid story i heard of. i believe a few weeks back, there was this seller who listed on eggbid for a pair of jungle fowls that looked nothing like jf at all. They look like BBR something but definitely not rjf and he wanted like $120 for the pair or something. Please make sure you cross reference the pictures at least with another source to be safe.
Otherwise, good luck and don't hesitate to call me in if there is more than one being listed. I would love to get some other bloodlines.
The ones I have right now are of the san diego zoo line from Tommy's.
Lovin them  :grin:

On the other hand guys could post pic of true rjf but sell others, so, who knows.  I will be on several, as well as visiting several swap meets in th midwest so i'd gladly share let you know.  send your phone number, i'll let you know (better PM it to me, not sure about rules on listing this site

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2008, 12:26:25 PM »

p.s. i tried to get some from tommy, but i think he was to busy fssing with others, how are yours doing?

333_okh
Expert Member

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2008, 08:28:13 PM »

other than they are aggressive as hell, they are doing fine.  Great little birds.
333_okh
Expert Member

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2008, 08:56:11 PM »

A QUESTION:

What problems will I have if they go to a ground level cage? Are there issues such with ground parasites such as chukars get?
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2008, 12:39:53 AM »

This is one area where less pure might be an advantage.  Domestic chickens are more disease resistant.  Find out if they are big earth worm eaters.  If so, Histostat in the feed, or Metronidazole on hand for quick treatment is a good idea (histomaniasis).  Otherwise, treat for coccidiosis once a month (3 to 5 day treatments).  Worm them monthly.  Are you going to put them in same pen where there were Chukars?

CoopVilla
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2008, 03:14:22 AM »

Raising them like chukars on wire may have it's advantages but I'd lean more towards keeping them something like pheasant with plenty of natural plants/cover found locally. 

- A copy and paste -

It is difficult to define exactly how to successfully keep and breed red jungle fowl. Depending on the purity of the birds, the methods of keeping this species ranges dramatically. Below are the general requirements to successfully keep and breed pure red jungle fowl.

Source and Description of pen: http://www.wildfowl.uconn.edu/15e6e4db-0656-418a-8464-683b6e68413a-9.html

-

Another Method with pics - http://readmtnpheasantry.homestead.com/testimonials.html

-
333_okh
Expert Member

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2008, 04:25:21 AM »

Thanks for the help.....
333_okh
Expert Member

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2008, 08:45:27 PM »

The first 11 birds moved to a larger cage in a screen covered side of the barn 15 miles away.  They have a warming light and plenty of feed and a caretaker.....my Dad.

I have the 8 from last weekend growing in the larger brooder box in my office and I have 11 coming out Monday [unless they hatch on day 18 again], and then the OE Game x RJF on the 15th and I do not know how many of those were fertile or new, so hatch rate will not be as good as I have been getting which is above 90%
333_okh
Expert Member

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2008, 03:36:28 PM »

Oops! I may have killed this batch off when the temp went to 102.2 one night when I left the heater on in the office. Today is the start of day 19 and the other two batches had pipping by now, although these have different roosters in the mix than the last two.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2008, 12:01:37 AM »

Betcha a nickel they're OK, Get a lot of extra moisture to them, as per other post.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 12:36:02 AM by wildergamebirds » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »