Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:46:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  GQF Incubator
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GQF Incubator  (Read 14670 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 06:21:14 AM »

Original owner hatched ostrich eggs in it.

If it is not working well for Quail eggs, just get your self some of those birds you have to look up at !
Not sure how you'll like how they flush though. On the other hand, as a shotgunner ages , as you are, they may be a lot easier to hit  :laugh:
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 06:31:10 AM »

If it is not working well for Quail eggs, just get your self some of those birds you have to look up at !
Not sure how you'll like how they flush though. On the other hand, as a shotgunner ages , as you are, they may be a lot easier to hit  :laugh:

Hahahaha!!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 11:01:45 AM »

:P   You got me there!  all I can think of right now is...........Checkmate!  

If I were to have that incubator somewhere outdoors today, I'd have to install a dehumidifier. The air is so thick around here, the birds are leaving a "wake" behind them as they fly through the air.......seen a couple using paddles first thing this morning!  :D

Its seems as though I've finally got this incubator tuned in. Humidity is finally set (had to further adjust fresh air doors) and was able to remove the extra pan of water that I had in there. I had to adjust the "stock" dial thermometer to correspond with 5 other thermometers that were reading the same, the stock thermometer was a good 4 degrees off.  Other than having to turn the extra eggs that wouldn't fit into the turner, I am very pleased.  These cabinet incubators will make bird raising alot easier and more enjoyable, I should have bought one of these babies years ago!......Or I should have just took a trip to Canada and somebody would have gave me a whole barn full of them, enough to build a house with possibly?    :grin:  As soon as I laid my hands on this thing, I suddenly felt as if I was north of the border, an odd unfamiliar feeling it was.  :angel:

« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 02:02:03 PM by trailbossusa » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
WHITNEYPLU
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 04:08:08 PM »

Trailboss's new quail hunting gun for those aging eyes. lol

« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 04:33:12 PM by WHITNEYPLU » Logged
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007, 01:31:29 PM »

When ordering any parts, especially the trays, and Quail hatching baskets, you will need either the model number, date of manufacture, or exact measurements of available space inside.  There is a small difference in inside width dimensions between current, and earlier models.  They are very helpful, but you have to ask.  Talk to someone, before ordering anything, to make sure you get something that fits.

I knew there was a difference, according to date of manufacture.  These are links to the different hatching baskets for quail eggs.  Note the slight change in measurements.  Same applies to setting trays.  This is probably due to the width of the turner racks, but turner may be too large for some cabinets.

http://www.cutlersupply.com/store/item.0750.html

http://www.cutlersupply.com/store/item.0752.html

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2007, 10:26:16 AM »

Thanks.   This unit of mine appears to be a 1997 and later model. It's not as old as I thought it was.  It hasn't stopped running yet, I just keep throwing eggs in it. Although I'm done for the year after this last setting has hatched.  It makes incubating hassle free, especially with automatic watering. Now I can leave town during incubation, unlike that styrofoam deal that required daily attention and opening.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2007, 05:02:28 PM »

It makes incubating hassle free, especially with automatic watering. Now I can leave town during incubation, unlike that styrofoam deal that required daily attention and opening.

Me too !

:laugh:

:angel:
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2007, 05:46:38 PM »

It makes incubating hassle free, especially with automatic watering. Now I can leave town during incubation, unlike that styrofoam deal that required daily attention and opening.

Me too !

:roll:
That's just wrong! :x  Not to mention unfair!  :evil:

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2007, 06:18:30 AM »

Me too !

:roll:
That's just wrong! :x  Not to mention unfair!  :evil:

The real difference is that Reeves doesn't have to worry about a power outage.

I have two GQF's and it's great just leaving it alone and letting run its course. The only problem that I have is Murphy :sad: . If I was to leave town for a couple of days it would be just my luck the power would go out.
Even though I have a backup generater I would still have to start it up.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »