Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:17:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  New and In need of instruction.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New and In need of instruction.  (Read 4823 times)
JX2991

Personal Text

« on: May 09, 2014, 10:48:48 PM »

I do landscape maintenance for work.  Today I was at a neglected property trying to get it cleaned up and back in shape.  The grass was about 1.5-2' tall. I am sad and somewhat ashamed to say that while I was running the string trimmer through a thick patch of grass i inadvertently killed a mother quail who was sitting on her well hidden nest. I feel awful even though there was no way I could have known she was there.  I desperately want to try and make it right by being the best mother I can be in raising her offspring in her place.
I know nothing about raising foul of any kind. I tried to google instructions for raising quail and it led me to this forum. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated as I alone don't have the experience necessary to  succeed in this.
Currently I am doing my best to keep them warm with a heat lamp and I have them wrapped in an old t-shirt. Is this acceptable or should I change it? What do I do from here?
makesmiles

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 12:56:03 PM »

Too bad someone didn't answer you sooner. However, temperature, humidity and turning the egg is the key.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »