Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:01:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Knock Knock
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Knock Knock  (Read 89166 times)
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

Kick 'Em Up - Knock 'Em Down

« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2013, 06:55:54 PM »

and she's gone....

When is your summer?  End of June to mid July?

Chukar and Pheasant Propogation - Trust my advice based on the knowledge that I have not been doing this very long and don't know a lot more than I do know...  But at least I know that I don't know
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2013, 10:30:03 PM »

Normally about now temps warm up a lot. Gets muddy for all of April. By mid May work starts up with most dirt jobs.
Job I have now doing integrity digs on pipe lines doesn't stop. Or so I've been told.
Frost is still in the ground till about mid June ? Not much frost this year. Had early & deep snow. Most places I've opened up have no frost at all. But they are covered with 4 - 6' of snow.
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2013, 07:37:07 AM »

We have more frost this year than I expected.  We dug a couple test holes for a borrow pit we're going to open for one project.  A solid two feet of frost in the middle of a farmers field.  I know a lot of farmers are hoping for slow melt by I don't know if we're going to get it.  We had pretty dry conditions last half of last year and groundwater levels are way down.  Would be nice if this snowpack was able to soak in.  I think there will be alot of runoff though.  DNR is already talking about manure runoff from farms and asking farmers not to spread until snow is gone.

Chukar and Pheasant Propogation - Trust my advice based on the knowledge that I have not been doing this very long and don't know a lot more than I do know...  But at least I know that I don't know
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2013, 03:16:24 PM »

Storm ended during the night.
Early AM I had a guest. See the dark spot on the right of the picture ?

Lazing about after chowing down on my willows.

Came within a foot of walking over the car !

slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2013, 05:24:21 PM »

U are friggin kidding me.... s85

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2013, 06:55:37 AM »

Folks to the east of me , the Wainright area, got worse. They got wind with the storm. 8'+ drifts.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2013, 07:04:36 AM »

We have more frost this year than I expected.  We dug a couple test holes for a borrow pit we're going to open for one project.  A solid two feet of frost in the middle of a farmers field.  I know a lot of farmers are hoping for slow melt by I don't know if we're going to get it.  We had pretty dry conditions last half of last year and groundwater levels are way down.  Would be nice if this snowpack was able to soak in.  I think there will be alot of runoff though.  DNR is already talking about manure runoff from farms and asking farmers not to spread until snow is gone.

Places with low snow levels or snow that had been cleared has very deep frost.
The consutant we are working for is an odd duck. Used to be a welder & is now 72 and still working. He cannot seem to retire ?
Anyway, he gets us to do weird stuff. This one creek job we cleared the snow nearly 3 weeks too soon. In -30c weather. Frost went 3' deep . Then I had to (try) and dig it out. He would want 1' taken out !
Even with Tiger teeth it made the job a chore.
Sad in a way. That guy has the early signs of dimentia & is trying hard to hide it. Drives the foreman & crew crazy with all the changes that happen. Added to this is his old school ways. He had the right of way over 100 yards wide. It is supposed to be 20m wide. Then he wonders why Forestry was upset with him !

No matter how fast a spring melt we have this year, water tables will be above ground !
cv
Expert Member

« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2013, 06:14:30 AM »

I hear its been so bad in your neck of the woods Reeves the snowmen have been catching colds, it might be to hot for you in the states

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2013, 08:34:42 AM »

« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 08:43:09 AM by Reeves » Logged
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2013, 08:04:57 AM »

Good thing we have all of this glbal warming!  Imagine how bad it would be  bb7

cv
Expert Member

« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2013, 01:07:33 AM »

s020 ... where's the like link
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2013, 06:19:50 PM »

Snow today.

Last winter day of work. Was not supposed to be any stop, but we got it anyway. May be off till the 20th.

Pinto/shop time !  c50
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2013, 06:25:34 PM »

Can you find it?   dk2

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2013, 09:11:12 AM »

It's been melting while away. Any place cleaned by the grader is mud.......well, yesterday there was. All frozen & another inch or so of snow this morning.
I can see most of the blue parts car.

Lots of small things to do to the white car. I will not be hauling it for the header build till the roads are clean. Likely in May ? No rush. I need to have another engine built & due to this it will not be back on the road till the summer of 14.
thekid

Personal Text

« Reply #134 on: April 05, 2013, 10:09:53 AM »

Im going to throw about 60 coturnix eggs in the bator today, anybody hatching any cots?

I like to hunt, fish, and raise quail
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »