Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:34:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Supplier Feedback
| | |-+  Postal Service
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Postal Service  (Read 4529 times)
yote1

« on: June 11, 2008, 09:04:21 AM »

Would like to know If anyone on this forum has had trouble shipping live birds with the Postal System ? I went another full 10 rounds yesterday with the P S. I finally made contact with the right supervisor and got things resolved so I can ship my birds. I made some people mad, but that's the only way I could get anything done, They thought I would say ok, and quit. I put a lot of years in with the goverment , and you have to work from the top down. Reason being some of the people will sit on the problem, in stead of trying to fix the problem.    My problem here is I'm caught between to areas KC, and St Loius. I would bet this morning their's some staff meeting go on over people passing the problem over, because they don't want to deal with the situation.   s15
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 09:40:28 AM »

That's one reason why I won't ship either chicks or adults.

As far as eggs go, I have never had a problem.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 12:38:29 PM »

He has been shipping birds to me and I just do not think his postal people understand the rules on bird shipping...I ship birds 2 to 3 times a week and have never had any problems.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
yote1

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 03:07:25 PM »

Slider I kept asking that question yesterday that LA. only has transportation coming but not going. That's how I won the battle. Also I don't give up easy and my wife says, I'm very hard headed. 
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 03:14:49 PM »

I think if I were you I would call the Headquarters maybe in D.C. and have them send you there policy on bird shipping you are having WAY to much trouble...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 09:55:33 AM »

I put a lot of years in with the goverment , and you have to work from the top down.

The fact is........the USPS is not a government entity, it is private.  Actually it depends on the situation at hand as to which one they are, and that's the honest truth. My brother is a former employee and has a pile of documented horror stories.

RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 10:28:17 PM »

Good luck.  I have to drive nearly 2 hours one way to ship when possible.  Try this website and look up the shipping areas. 

http://www.birdshippers.org/

We manufacture egg shipping foam!
Pollorum/Typhoid/Avian Free
NPIP 52-186
Member NAGA and Virginia Game Bird Asociation
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 10:44:12 PM »

I think that they are still part of the us gov. they are just 100% self supported..

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »