Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:50:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Knock Knock
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Knock Knock  (Read 89440 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2013, 10:17:09 AM »

No Quail left at my place.....

Want to see some funny building stuff ?
Kids beware: there are some swear words posted. Found on another forum:

I just had to share this. WAY too funny to keep to myself. Dont hurt yourself tryin go tkeep in the laughter while at reviewing at work.

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...s-I-don-t-even.....

Pictures on pages 1, 5, 7, 11, 17 [don't miss the time lapse
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2013, 08:55:44 AM »

Can`t load it... s178

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

Kick 'Em Up - Knock 'Em Down

« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2013, 09:43:04 AM »

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php/146566-Build-to-Fail-Fail-to-Build.-What-is-this-I-don-t-even.....

Try this link... Pretty nice place!  I would have at least mowed the grass before I started  :grin:

Chukar and Pheasant Propogation - Trust my advice based on the knowledge that I have not been doing this very long and don't know a lot more than I do know...  But at least I know that I don't know
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2013, 05:22:24 AM »

Yup ! Thanks for posting the link ! No idea why my link didn't work !

Quit snowing here. Finally.
Changed the oil & filter in the F-350 yesterday. Top the DEF (horse piss) up. Dash was telling me it was low.....and still get the same message.
I got it in Nov ? Already have 25k on it !

Last job was a muddy right of way. There is likely 600 + lbs of frozen mud under the truck. So I drove it up onto blocks for some extra height. I did not want to knock hard mud off onto me !  :grin:

Then I opened the shop fridge......and didn't get anything else done  i9

Today I do more work building my motor mounts for the BOSS engine.
Lots to do, to get this done. Engine will have to be pulled twice. 1st time to drill a couple holes. Then back in to set the trans angle & pinion (diff/drive shaft) angle.
Pull the engine again & weld the frame mounts to the frame rails.
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2013, 08:46:49 AM »

Thought it was an April Fool's joke this morning, 6-10 inches snow on the way... Fn wonderful.

Sounds like you got a busy day planned, better stay away from the fridge....  mmmm, shop fridge  :grin:

Chukar and Pheasant Propogation - Trust my advice based on the knowledge that I have not been doing this very long and don't know a lot more than I do know...  But at least I know that I don't know
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #140 on: April 10, 2013, 04:14:09 AM »

Cannot do all that in one day !
I like to (try) and think things through. So build some, then stand back & think : is this the best way ? What is the next step ? If I change this, what will it effect in other areas ?

So I only got the right side (mostly) done. Started on the left side.
By the end of Wed. I should have both mounts done to where the motor can rest on them.

A guy from Calgary is delivering a small sand blaster. So this will eat up time going to town to pick it up.

The mounts will need some grinding, finish work then painting. Also the angle brackets for the frame welded on.......after the pinion angle is set.

dh1

ck1
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #141 on: April 10, 2013, 09:09:04 AM »

That is funny...85 here yesterday and the same today..Suppose to rain today later..I hate hot weather..

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #142 on: April 10, 2013, 07:34:04 PM »

Move up here & never worry about hot weather again !  s020
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2013, 04:34:30 PM »

agd2  Although not to the extent he means it

I was looking at some old posts and no one has posted anything really on the DIY page in years.  That used to be my favorite link.  Everything must have been built and addressed already on there.  Going to have to get some pics of some new outdoor feeders I built.  Should hold 300 lbs and have a nice rain guard.

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2013, 04:46:24 PM »

I'm actually suprised the forum has not bounced back from the "bump" in the road it hit. Maybe more time needed ? No idea.....

Weather up here sucks:  http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/ab-8_metric_e.html

I want summer  s47

Good idea on posting stuff you build. Even stuff not related to birds. Gets people talking.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 04:48:08 PM by Reeves » Logged
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2013, 05:36:28 PM »

That bump must have happened during the time I was out, don't know anything about it.  Got a few things you guys might be interested in, though, not as cool as a car but I'll dump some pics and we'll get this baby going again  ^-^ 

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #146 on: April 13, 2013, 08:23:19 AM »

Snow fall warning the last 2 days.
Woke last night, looked out the window......and all the dirt that was showing is now all white.

Yesterday was nice though.
Changed the hay in the Peacock building.
They are funny when you open the door for them to go back in. They see changes & are scared to go back in for a while. When the do go back in, they walk with great care, like it's going to attack them !

Need to find home(s) for the 3 hens & 1 male that were hatched last year........
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2013, 07:54:23 AM »

Winter keeps hanging on here too, supposed to get rain Wed switching to 4" of snow Wed night into Thursday.  I bet we got a good inch of freezing rain yesterday.  Rain all day and power went out about 4pm.  So, I grabbed the generator which hasn't been started in a couple years and she wasn't going to fire up for me now.  Luckily, neighbor had a generator for me and got the incubators going again.  They were down for about 2 hrs and temp got down to 84F.  Happened a few years back and it didn't affect the hatch too noticably.  How long have you guys ever had the incubators down?  The eggs have been set for about 11 days.  Power came back on at about 11 last night.  Thanks

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2013, 08:32:00 AM »

Your eggs should be fine.
Hens leave the nest daily for some times longer than that.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2013, 09:48:08 PM »

I couldn't stop myself......again !
Spotted another intake on e bay so I bid on it & got it for $157.37 !
Drilled for NOS. If I want to use NOS, the new engine has to be built for it. Or plug the holes & go all motor.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »