Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:48:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Has anyone ever been to dinky's?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Has anyone ever been to dinky's?  (Read 3266 times)
poultryman90

« on: June 17, 2004, 12:39:43 AM »

It is called Dinky's Auction Center and it is in Montgomery IN. It is a HUGE auction where they sell everything. I'll make a list of the stuff they sell.

One auction ring for poultry, gamebirds, rabbits, and other small livestock(ie, baby goats&sheep) they also sell cages, hutches, and fencing in this part. They have two huge flatbed trailors cram packed to the ceiling of animals. They start at 6:00 and finish at around midnight.

One auction ring for misc stuff, such as junk, toys, games, lamps, paintings, etc. This one starts at 6:00 and ends at about 9:00.

One auction ring for stuff such as flowers, garden plants(tomato, potatoe, strawberry, pepper, etc), produce, and this is where they also sell stuff like were a cemi truck would be hauling a bunch of stuff to somewhere like wal-mart and the truck would wreck and they bring the goods here, because it is maybe damaged(not usually). This one starts at 6:00 and ends around 9:30 - 10:00.

One auction ring for things such as power tools, resturaunt kitchen appliances, horse supplies(saddles, stirrups, etc), guns, hunting bows, bicycles, etc. This starts at 6:00 aswell, and ends at about midnight.

One auction ring is where they sell vehicles.starts at 6:00 ends at 7:00ish.

One auction ring is for stuff like atv's, dirt bikes, go-carts, & golf carts. This starts at 6:00 and ends at around 9:00.

One auction ring is where they sell all the lawn mowers. When I say lawn mowers, I mean Lawn mowers. Every style, namebrand, and size known to man. Craftsman, Snapper, John Deere, Bush Hogs of every style, Dixie Chopper, Tractor lawn mowers, a bajillion push mowers, including self propelled and electric start. I know I have missed a ton. this ends at around 8:30.

One auction ring is for all of the big livestock, such as cows, goats sheep, horses, muels, llamas, ponies, and donkeys. This one ends around 10:00.

There are 2 auction rings that sell the furniture, bedroom suits, fridges, etc. These end at about 10:00.

One auction ring sells all the lumber, paneling, roofing, fence posts, wheele boroughs, etc. It ends around 9:00.

One auction ring for things such as doors, windows, piping, tile, old amish farming equipment, barrels, and cookout grills. This ends around 8:00

It is all real amish country down there, it is great. I bet about 2500 people go through that place. I bet they make almost a half a million dollars a night, no lie.

Anyway, has anyone been there? I wonder if you have foz, being in southern Indiana.

Ethan King-

King's Poultry & Gamebirds

Ethan_King@hotmail.com
910 875 5077
Foz
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 09:52:53 PM »

I have heard talk about it, but no, I've never made it there myself.
harry

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 08:15:10 AM »

where is Dinkys Auction located at and what day is the sale once a week or once a month or what would like to go if saleing small animals for 6 hours this must be a big sell   Thanks
poultryman90

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2004, 12:04:58 PM »

Its every friday night at 6:00 pm. You might want to get there about an hour early or so though if you are wanting to sell, or just want to get the feel of the place.

Ethan King-

King's Poultry & Gamebirds

Ethan_King@hotmail.com
910 875 5077
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »