Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:17:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Previous
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Previous  (Read 5511 times)
derk1

« on: April 20, 2004, 09:12:52 PM »

My last post on the old forum was about my dad being sick.
Well. He is stubborn and he is out of the hospital. He has some recovering to do but will be just fine.I went crazy trying to do all of the feeding and egg gathering for a week.
Now.
The quail are laying , the huns are laying the pheasants are laying. Two incubators are full and one too go yet. First real hatch due this weekend of 1800 bobs and the next should be around 6000 in May.
We have dayold quail available starting asap and eggs, eggs are running at about a 3 week wait time right now.

just wanted to ramble for a little bit, been to busy to be on this thing much at all lately.
Derrick
www.fairchildgamefarms.com
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 09:15:56 PM »

derk1,

Glad to here that your dad is out of the hospital and recovering. Keep us updated on his progress.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Redhorse
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 08:45:12 AM »

That's great that your dad's back home where he belongs. Glad to hear it! Sounds like you have been busy. I'm still waiting for my first egg. Beginning to think I should have just bought eggs and incubated my first batch instead of buying breeders. At this rate I won't have any birds for training until June! :?

Shotgun, bird dog, 4X4!!!!!
Country Quail Boy FL
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 06:44:46 PM »

Glad to here your father is out of the hospital and feeling better.

Just in time to help you with the hatch :P
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 10:29:52 PM »

Glad to hear that he's doing better. I'll be contacting you in about 3 weeks for some day old bobs. My last hatch didn't do so well, I don't have a clue what happen, I took better watch on the incubator than my first time when I had a 65% hatch. This time was only 50% and I kept it at a more consistant temp and humidity than before (I couldn't leave the thing alone the first time!) But anyway I thought that I'd get a better hatch rate this round and it didn't work out, but I still have 47 of them running around.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
derk1

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 08:03:41 PM »

I think them styrofoam incubators are junk. Sorry if I offend anyone but I could never get a hatch out of them.
I just pulled out a 92% hatch from the 1950's model Humidaire They dont make things like they used to.
Let me know if I can help you in any way.
If you want dayolds shoot for memorial day weekend.
Derrick
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »