Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:26:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Build It Yourself
| | |-+  Where are your pics ? Its 2010.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where are your pics ? Its 2010.  (Read 4148 times)
wpalmisano

Personal Text

« on: August 04, 2010, 12:06:50 AM »

OK, I appreciate the ideas I get from the forums, but it is a waste of my time if you don't post pics or a link to some pics, especially in a forum called "Build it yourself." I'm not whining, I'm just saying, it would be nice. I'm not looking for blueprints, just a pic or two when you are describing your idea. I promise I will return the favor, once I am done here. I have a few weeks of work left on my main pen, but I imagine it will always be a work in progress. I have already posted pics of some of my pens, a duck tractor, and a home made brooder. I even was able to buy the domain gamebreeder.com    I'm not asking anyone to go there, its a not for profit site, one of those free hosting services, but at least I posted pics. I am kind of proud of my pens, or at least I was before I saw Reeves's pens. They are like a work of art. Made me work harder on mine, even though I am a lousy carpenter. Anyway, I really enjoy the site and exchange of ideas, but in this day and age, its pretty easy to post a few pics. Thanks.
                                                                                                                                       Billy dh1

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 08:33:47 AM »

Mine came out of years of building and "up-grades" with each and every build.
Plus I take my time.....and I'm "fussy".

No new builds this year. Next year I'll have more ?

I'll get a link for you on a place with more pictures..... http://www.gbwf.org/phpBB2/index.php

It is the old GBWF site and it's all locked down. You'll want to go through the Picture Post and Galliformes sections. Maybe the Misc. Aviculture section as well ?
The new site keeps crashing and each time most posts/topics end up lost.
Still, some aviaries can be seen : http://www.gbwf.org/phpBB3/

Also keep an eye out for members links to their own site(s), as you'll be able to see some of the best aviaries I've ever seen.
Gunny

Personal Text

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 05:45:53 PM »

Yes, yes, yes!
     This is a great point wpal.  Pictures are worth a thousand or hundred or whatever.  I too enjoy the heck out of some good pictures but alot of people are busy as all get out in the summer.  I am looking forward to posting my pictures of my mini-pen, compaired to Reeves.  I on the other hand am a great carpenter but not so good on the computer.  We shall see if I can pull it off when I get home from Alaska.  (2 weeks left).

Gunny
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »