Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:00:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  What is the average weight of a Bob White Quail (male and female)?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What is the average weight of a Bob White Quail (male and female)?  (Read 3957 times)
kiaya611
« on: June 03, 2007, 09:01:24 PM »

I am trying to figure out dosing for wormer feed and I need to know the average weight of an adult Bob White quail...both male and female.

Thanks,

Steven
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 11:00:47 PM by kiaya611 » Logged
kiaya611
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 09:58:37 AM »

Well, since the information doesn't seem to be readily available, I went and caught a medium sized hen and weighed her and she weighed 9 ozs. 

This at least gives me an idea of how much wormer to use.

Steven
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 08:24:25 PM »

You are using the type you sprinkle on the food ?

I just did my Golden's , but used the water soluble Piperazine 52 (one hen has been acting like she is having trouble with treachea worms).

In my way of thinking they get a more even level/dose, than the powder on food, which can work it's way to the bottom of the food dish.

I also do not have to know any weights.
kiaya611
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 09:39:12 PM »

Actually this is Custom Wormer Feed with the wormer mixed inside the crumbles.  I got it from http://www.cupplesfarm.com/

Go to the Wormer Feed on the lower left side of the page.  It will tell you about it.  My BobWhites ate is all overnight.  There was nothing left.

I am having issues with the layer feed though.  I got some from the local feed store and it is pellets instead of crumbles and I think they are having trouble eating it.  I might have to go back to the crumble and add a bowl of oyster shell so the hens can get what they need.

Steven
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »