Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:13:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  this karma stuff is crap
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: this karma stuff is crap  (Read 4827 times)
14Yoquailfarmer
« on: July 17, 2006, 04:56:12 AM »

i havent even been on this site and look at me for christ sake
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 06:13:45 AM »

You don't need a "fowl" mouth to get anyones attention you know. Please tone it down .
CalebK273

Mandarin Drake at the house.

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 12:09:27 PM »

I don't understand what there is to gripe about?????

Caleb L. Kordsmeier
I have Woodducks, Mandarins, AGB's and BB Red OEG.
Visit My Website
pamike
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 01:11:38 PM »

yeah man look at your karma once in a while you went from a negative 20 to a positive 14.

mike
CalebK273

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 02:52:34 PM »

I don't see how my karma is a negative 12.  I've been on this site for at least a year and I post all the time.  How do I get it to go up ???

Caleb L. Kordsmeier
Visit My Website
stewaw
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 08:41:32 PM »

Caleb says- "How do I get it to go up "

The short answer is the other people reading your posts decide to raise it or lower it.  Look near the poster's name and you will see "applaud" or "smite".  If you click applaud- you just gave them another karma point, if you select smite- you just took away a point.
  I think it was intended to make us "think" about what we want to say before we simply smarted off and did something foolish.  Just remember- we have poster's aged from young kids less than 10 years old to some super old (guessing here) 60+ people.  Try to keep that in mind when we post.  Something I may say to you on the playground would get me slapped out of a chair if I said it in front of my granny.  Doesn't hurt us a bit to agree or disagree provided we do it with grace and style.

Later,
David
pamike
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 11:07:43 PM »

I think it was intended to make us "think" about what we want to say before we simply smarted off and did something foolish.

I have had my karma drop quite a bit for speaking my mind, whick happened to annoy a certain member. The way I see it, if you don't like what I say, too bad, go cry to mommy. I think karma is just plain stupid. I run a forum and I just enabled karma about a month ago, nobody uses it so I disabled it. this is the only forum I have ever been a member of thet has so many people whine about karma. Who cares? can't you think of something better to do with your time? I just ignore it totally, it means nothing to me, it is a waste of time. Whoever thought of it in the first place must be a complete retard. I mean why onm earth would you create a rating system where your buddies can boost yopur rating for absolutely no reason, and people who don't like you can lower it because they don't like you? Doesn't make any sense does it?

mike
CalebK273

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 12:45:14 AM »

Mike,

You're exactly right.  No more worrying about karma.  I never even looked at it anyway until I saw this post lol.

I don't know why, but my karma went from negative 12 to positive 15 in a matter of hours. weird.

W/e this stuff doesn't make sense and I don't like it.

Caleb Kordsmeier

Caleb L. Kordsmeier
Visit My Website
honda2hummer
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 07:11:21 PM »

you got that right.....
gsc
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 07:16:41 PM »

Caleb says- "How do I get it to go up "

The short answer is the other people reading your posts decide to raise it or lower it.  Look near the poster's name and you will see "applaud" or "smite".  If you click applaud- you just gave them another karma point, if you select smite- you just took away a point.

Caleb can't see them yet.  Keep posting and you will bring them up when you reach 75.
honda2hummer
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 07:24:11 PM »

i think if people would use this right we would have thousands of karma, but karma really diesn't matter, neither does your posts. It is all about information, that is what we are all here for and the love of quails...
Right???
CalebK273

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 07:55:37 PM »

Thanks for the info gsc!

Caleb

Caleb L. Kordsmeier
Visit My Website
RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 08:22:23 PM »

Just thought I'd say a quick hello and to mention the weird karma ratings to some of you above.  Karma is set to be used by members with a ranking of 75 posts of more.  This is basically to try and avoid some of the negative karma rankings we've seen lately.  For those of you that went from a minus to a positive 15 that was my doing.  I have been tracking the karma ratings system and know where its coming from and from which members.   I have no intentions of intervening with the karma and if you read a post and disagree then the ranking that is your choosing.  The karma isnt intended for massive spiting or positive rankings based on whether or not you like the user.  This is what I'm trying to avoid happen.

Larry

We manufacture egg shipping foam!
Pollorum/Typhoid/Avian Free
NPIP 52-186
Member NAGA and Virginia Game Bird Asociation
stewaw
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 09:01:03 PM »

Thanks for the clarification guys.  I guess I should have done my homework before answering as I was not aware of the 75 post key.

Thanks again,
David
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »