Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:13:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Buy and Sell
| | |-+  Ringneck Pheasant Hens Wanted
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ringneck Pheasant Hens Wanted  (Read 6486 times)
setterman

Personal Text

« on: February 15, 2012, 01:30:11 PM »

Looking for ringneck pheasant hens 2011 hatch,would like to get in any mutation color but would also consider regular!
They need to be shipped!!

Let me know what you have and prices!!

Raising quail and partridge for release or hunting parties!

Permit Breeder
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 02:29:13 PM »

Looking for ringneck pheasant hens 2011 hatch,would like to get in any mutation color but would also consider regular!

You should have though about that at the end of last breeding season(2011). There isn't going to be to many suppliers willing to let their hens go since breeding season is just 2 months away.

How many?
What are you willing to pay?
and you pick up, to expensive on the shipping of adult birds and no guarantees.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
cathunter10

Personal Text

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 05:15:25 PM »

You should have though about that at the end of last breeding season(2011). There isn't going to be to many suppliers willing to let their hens go since breeding season is just 2 months away.

How many?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
This is my Buddy from WV Steve

Bill
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 10:25:04 AM »

How many?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
This is my Buddy from WV Steve

Bill

He is one and the same selling birds on Taxidermy.net  He goes by the name Quailhead.

He was a no show here after hand picking 4 birds and giving him a discount on 2011 hatched birds just about ready for the first season egg laying.

I wouldn't mind so much, but these people don't have the common curtisy to even make the second phone call letting me know that they were definetly not going to make it down. Not even a PM or email..

I still haven't heard from him.

He lost his chance of ever getting birds from me.

Here is a picture of the 4 hens I had ready for him that Saturday morning.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
setterman

Personal Text

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 01:22:46 PM »

Steve I made a call in the morning to your wife which was very nice!! I headed back to glenville and didnt realize I dont have cell phone service..Im sorry If I ticked you off!....

Permit Breeder
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 01:50:27 PM »

Steve I made a call in the morning to your wife which was very nice!! I headed back to glenville and didnt realize I dont have cell phone service..Im sorry If I ticked you off!....
Jim,

The fact being that my wife asked you to call back, since you said that you didn't think that you would make it but that it was possible. I wasted the whole day, and now I had to put the birds back into inventory and change my inventory count for the DNR, That's what really pissed me off. Getting the birds ready for you the day before was to get you out and on your way instead of wasting time waiting for the birds to be caught, ID, and paperworked processed. It wasn't like going out to the flight pen and randomly netting. You wanted 2011 hatch. Band ID #'s is the only way to tell age with  250 + hens and checking ID numbers to spreadsheets, not a 20 minute process.

My time waisted the night before and Saturday as well. An email would have been nice.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

setterman

Personal Text

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 01:59:18 PM »

Your right I should have sent you a email..I went out to where I hit what I thing was wood.wirt county stopped at some guys house and tols me I was in Ritchie county!..Having a younger child driving with me all day on the back roads was not that fun either and alot of gas wasted!!...Again I do apologize if I pissed you off!!..But I was out there thru a town called big bend then burning springs park or something!!  By that time I wanted to find you or find out where I was..Once again I do apologize that you wasted your time and I didnt email you that eve, when I got back!!
Also if you have you have paypal I will sens you payment right now for your time wasted!
Jim
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:05:34 PM by setterman » Logged

Permit Breeder
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 02:07:35 PM »

Your right I should have sent you a email..I went out to where I hit what I thing was wood.wirt county stopped at some guys house and tols me I was in Ritchie county!..Having a younger child driving with me all day on the back roads was not that fun either and alot of gas wasted!!...Again I do apologize if I pissed you off!!..But I was out there thru a town called big bend then burning springs park or something!!  By that time I wanted to find you or find out where I was..Once again I do apologize that you wasted your time and I didnt email you that eve, when I got back!!

Jim

Burning Springs is in Wirt CO. on RT 5. You were right in the middle between Elizabeth and Grantsville. If you would have stayed on 5 you would have hit RT 14.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

setterman

Personal Text

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 02:12:24 PM »

well if you take paypal let me know and i will send you payment for your time wasted!! While Im on the computer!...I never been out that way so I didnt have a clue where I was...And the place I stopped at never heard of anyone raising pheasants in that area but I wouldnt expect them too since they looked like they came out of crazy movie!!

Permit Breeder
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 02:18:55 PM »

well if you take paypal let me know and i will send you payment for your time wasted!! While Im on the computer!...I never been out that way so I didnt have a clue where I was...And the place I stopped at never heard of anyone raising pheasants in that area but I wouldnt expect them too since they looked like they came out of crazy movie!!

Jim,

I don't do Paypal, and I only get burnt once. You will have to look for another bird supplier down by you.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

setterman

Personal Text

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 02:20:41 PM »

Ok...I was just trying to pay you for your time wasted not the birds!!.....Thank you!

Permit Breeder
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 08:44:31 AM »

They are called GPS....

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
setterman

Personal Text

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 09:29:20 AM »

I dont have a gps in my truck and tried to pay him for his time wasted!!..I was out there! But got lost!!,and spent most of the day driving!!....I guess I need to get gps..

Permit Breeder
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »