Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:59:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Build It Yourself
| | |-+  ski-whirl problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ski-whirl problem  (Read 2803 times)
gboston1970

« on: January 04, 2009, 12:22:04 PM »

OK..... well it's been less that 48 hours since me and the boys have finished the flight pen, Casey was really getting ready for the birds LOL our first batch isn't even out of the hatcher yet and he puts feed and water in the pen just to see how it's gonna work, problem is the squirrels have chewed 2 holes in the net to get to the feed for the imaginary birds.

I could put up electric wire but not sure it would work on the crafty creatures, squirrel dumpling's is the other option, but all kidding aside can hard wire be put on top.

c110

I'll bet no coondawgs will reside at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 12:41:53 PM »

All mine have wire.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 01:48:01 PM »

A thousand spastic birds in the pen would probably discourage them.  If not, Reeves has a pheasant he can rent to you.  I guarantee, that would work. I think I would kill off the offenders, though.  Once any animal establishes a habit concerning food or shelter, it's hard to break.  {Consider Welfare Programs}

That over revved kid did you a favor, though, huh?

I have squirrels all around.  Have them raiding my strawberries all the time, not to mention garden vegetables.  Garden is no more than 75 feet from flight pen.  I've never had a problem with them.  You might try a smallbox shelter over the feeders, so they don't notice it.  Again, the ones that already know where it is won't forget, and will chatter to others to suck them in.  {Another correlation with humans?}

Whatever you do, don't put out any D-con. It is toxic to squirrels.  a27

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »