Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:46:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Buy and Sell
| | |-+  Wanted mearns quail
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wanted mearns quail  (Read 17058 times)
finnegan

« on: December 03, 2007, 11:51:53 PM »

Hi all i am looking to buy mearns in pairs or females any amount also looking to trade bloodlines for the elegant  we have 4 bloodlines of the elegant here  but always trying to add more  we are also taking orders for 08 for eggs from the following  bobs  orange/  mexican speckled / silver/ tennessee reds /white / smokey gray. also valley/ gamble / mountain we will also have pairs of the above  for sale  and  masked bobs elegants  jim
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 05:40:27 PM by finnegan » Logged
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 11:59:23 AM »

To mini hijack this, I'd like to hear from anyone who will have Mearns and Mt eggs for sale.  I just want to establish several pairs of each. 

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 12:24:16 PM »

finnegan is one of the few with mearns but I don't think he sells them. Only trade. I have never found a source for mearns.

I usually get my mnt. quail eggs out on eggbid.com but there wont be any eggs available till spring. a few auctions for mature mnt. quails though.

There's a guy right now on eggbid selling Mnt. quails in Michigan but pickup only due to the weather. 2 males and 1 female for $75. too bad he won't ship or else I would purchase them.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 12:29:42 PM by aKirA » Logged
finnegan

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 11:30:54 PM »

I am now down to males no females so really need pairs or females if anybody knows of any for sale on the benson quail I was finally  able to add 4 new bloodlines this year through trades  and purchases so should have plenty of unrelated pairs for  sale next year the bensons are kept inside during the  winter  and normally start laying in early feb so the prs will be ready end of may jim
Pocoman

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 03:35:02 PM »

If you are interested in mearns quail, you should join the yahoo group- "neotrop-quail".

Pocoman
CoopVilla
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 04:08:07 AM »

I've wondered why they don't come over here and use the auction but this time of year, live mearn's and mountain's can be found on eggbid.com There are some up right now. On occasion, theres eggs at this time too.
finnegan

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 04:23:17 PM »

Thank you Pocoman for posting the that group  through that i was able to get some more mearns jim
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 07:08:24 PM »

The Gazette has a lot of ads for Mearns and eggs. 

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
finnegan

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2007, 12:45:28 AM »

The Gazette has a lot of ads for Mearns and eggs.

Yes it does but many are old rerun adds i have called every one on there nobody had any for sale jim
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2007, 08:14:48 AM »

Hi Jim

I'm in no hurry, as I said I just want enough eggs or chicks to make several pairs, the same for Mtn Quail. That will be enough Quail for me for next year. I may have a lead on some Bamboo Partridge ,  so am going to be in a major pen building mode this year, probably all year.  The Quail though I can keep in the batterys in the garage.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

Thomas Jefferson
finnegan

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 12:26:18 PM »

Hi Jake  we will have plenty of  mountains and bamboos in 08 should also have plenty of  elegant quail as well but these are booking up fast jim
brentsquailfarm

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 05:18:23 AM »

Here is a site http://www.emeraldisleaviary.com/EIADirectory.htm that offers some pairs for $350 might give them a try. Hope it helps

Don't forget to take a kid hunting or fishing.
finnegan

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 02:26:10 PM »

Hi Jim for emerald isle  here we are all booked up on mearns through 2010 we only have a few now but i am looking to increse my pairs as well Jim
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 09:31:07 AM »

Hi Jum

I have some Mearns eggs promised for spring so if all goes well I might have some eggs for trade late in the season.

Re: the Bamboos, are yours quiet or flighty ?  I think they are one of the more beautiful Partridge. Do you keep yours in colony groups or pairs? I have heard of both working.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

Thomas Jefferson
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2008, 08:39:09 AM »

Hi Jim

Once I get a couple or three pairs of each I will have plenty of eggs to trade with other breeders. I got the Game Bird Gazette with the article , very good and a pleasant surprise.

Where are you located ?

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »