Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:48:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Supplier Feedback
| | |-+  Legalities of Shipping Eggs over the border...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Legalities of Shipping Eggs over the border...  (Read 2945 times)
Jess
« on: September 29, 2004, 12:25:46 PM »

What is the deal with shipping eggs over the border? I'm entirely sure what is legal and what is not there. I am really looking for some bobwhite eggs, normals or mutations, but most of the folks up here in Canuck Land say thier birds have stopped laying for the season. :(   I was hoping to get some eggs now so they will be mature by summer. I understand that authorities are concerned about spreading diseases, so I can see about the regs of shipping live birds but eggs? Why does everyone bulk about shipping eggs to Canada? I know it can be done but how?

Thanks
Jess
komori35
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 06:52:23 PM »

i think because there was a big hype about newcastle's and now west nile (at least where i am-sheesh! you cant go near a dove without people screaming at you) that they strenghtened the laws about shipping. or you know, introduced species...i think you need a permit either from the shipping company or your local wildlife authorites, you could call them or something to find out exactly waht it is.

-komori
Jess
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 01:02:17 PM »

Yeah I guess.Are those diseases transmittable through the egg? West Nile was scaring some people here too but it never came around. Also I heared in a ducks unlimited magasine that they havn't actually proven that it can  be passed to upland game birds, with the exeption of one pheasant they found. The biggest scare around here was the avian influenza, but up north here we're so iscolated we hardly get anything like that. I suppose I'm just put out and jealous because down in the states you can find eggs anywhere but none of them will ship up here. It's harder than hell to find anything in the name of birds up here. I mean, down there all you have to do is phone Mc Murray and bang, there it is. I don't think w even HAVE a game bird hatchery in the whole country. If there is I've yet to find it. Maybe I should start one. The only way you can find stuff is by talking to people who have friends who know these people who's daughter's boyfriend's uncle knew this guy once that had a bird that was kind of like what you were looking for. :roll:
EdenFarm
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 08:52:59 AM »

Go to http://www.NAGA.org Click on Breeders and preserves. Then click on Canada and you will get a whole list of suppliers. Jack
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »