Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:21:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Just to make sure I got this all right.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just to make sure I got this all right.  (Read 3965 times)
Bobwhite quail24
« on: October 31, 2011, 01:58:32 AM »

I just wanted to run this by you fellas before I continue any further. I'm hatching Coturnix quail eggs. I had my incubator set up for 2 days prior to the eggs arriving. It is a forced air little giant styrofoam incubator. Eggs arrived I let them settle for 24 hrs in a non heated room that averages 60 F degrees. I put them in the egg turner on October 28th. The temp has been hanging around 99-100 and the humidity is at 60%. Now when to remove the eggs from the turner always confuses me. Shouldn't I remove them on the 12th and they hatch on the 15th? Thank you fellas for your time.  ty2
Bobwhite quail24
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 02:02:20 AM »

Also when I was letting the eggs settle I propped the crates up on a pill bottle so the egg crate was sitting at a slight angle to table. And switched them before I went to work the next morning. After I got off work was when I put the eggs in the bator.
backyardquail

This place is going to the birds!

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 10:01:21 AM »

I am new to this, but have hatched a couple of batches of Coturnix quail eggs.  My experience has been to remove the eggs from the turner on day 14 and they hatch on day 17.

Backyard Quail
"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." - Victor Hugo
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 05:05:40 PM »

This is 2011 isn't it, and this is actually a post, posted by you, on: Posted by: Bobwhite quail24
Posted on: Today at 01:58:32 AM

Let me get this straight, you have been a member here since:
August 30, 2004, 03:34:15 PM

your profile:
Male Age: 21
Date Registered: August 30, 2004, 03:34:15 PM
Last Active: Today at 10:06:34 AM Local Time: October 31, 2011, 01:47:48PM

Signature: Check out Oak Wood

Aren't you, either the owner/administrator or shared partner of this forum that you have listed on your signature that is defunct or in dire need of resuscitation to regain life to that board?

…..and now you are asking questions about hatching eggs? What have you been doing with the hatching of eggs since then?

I just wanted to run this by you fellas before I continue any further. I'm hatching Coturnix quail eggs. I had my incubator set up for 2 days prior to the eggs arriving. It is a forced air little giant styrofoam incubator. Eggs arrived I let them settle for 24 hrs in a non heated room that averages 60 F degrees. I put them in the egg turner on October 28th. The temp has been hanging around 99-100 and the humidity is at 60%. Now when to remove the eggs from the turner always confuses me. Shouldn't I remove them on the 12th and they hatch on the 15th? Thank you fellas for your time.  ty2

….and then you ask a rhetorical question about propping eggs up? This has been discussed time and time again. What are you doing, have you lost all concept of prior knowledge?

Also when I was letting the eggs settle I propped the crates up on a pill bottle so the egg crate was sitting at a slight angle to table. And switched them before I went to work the next morning. After I got off work was when I put the eggs in the bator.

I am new to this, but have hatched a couple of batches of Coturnix quail eggs.  My experience has been to remove the eggs from the turner on day 14 and they hatch on day 17.

Backyardquail,

This member: Bobwhite quail24 has been around the horn many years if you had check his profile. He has Posts: 222.

Bobwhite quail24

You're not becoming a troll now are you? How about coming up with something that is original, and hasn't been asked before.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »