Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:11:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  i am woundering on what i can do
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: i am woundering on what i can do  (Read 20564 times)
14Yoquailfarmer
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2006, 06:29:14 PM »

ok enough can we answer the question but im happy your not correcting me thanks.i know i will be corected on some thing
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2006, 06:46:13 PM »

I rest my case . Karma who cares?    Still don't like my tax dollars going down the toilet  !!  too  many  Thumpers around today
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 07:33:46 PM by jchiar » Logged
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2006, 07:12:58 PM »

Too many  Thumpers around today

Exactly!

But, I must say that this Karma thing really means alot to me, it's as if my life depends on it.

:laugh:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2006, 07:28:08 PM »

Exactly!

But, I must say that this Karma thing really means alot to me, it's as if my life depends on it.

Me to I  can't sleep at night
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2006, 08:11:15 PM »

Exactly!

Me to I  can't sleep at night

trailbossusa, jchiar, don't you worry about it, Boy George of the Culture Club, has stated that you both should receive a one point increase in your Karma  :laugh: :laugh:

Now on a side note:
ok enough can we answer the question but im happy your not correcting me thanks.i know i will be corected on some thing

How can this nimrod, actually say he/she will use Microsoft Word and miss spell the base word: correct

I think that there should be some age requirement to apply as a member. Then again, at least we have some one to goof on!!!

I wonder if he has heard the saying: I have never had so much fun since my kid brother fell out of the hearse, and the hogs ate him.

I rest my case . Karma who cares?    Still don't like my tax dollars going down the toilet  !!  too  many  Thumpers around today

You should be happy that it isn't your NY tax $$$ paying for his education in
Missouri. At least he spelled his state name correct!!!!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2006, 08:21:07 PM »

that's true
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2006, 08:46:05 PM »

John,

Must be cabin fever. We have had nothing but rain here for the last week. My pens are saturated, and I was rebanding all birds with the alum # bands with my farm name.

I guess it is just the right time to vent on these nimrods.

Talk to ya later.

Steve

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
woodenegg
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2006, 11:59:57 AM »

what can i use for grower and breeder feed

Not really sure why these goofballs feel they need to pick on a kid looking for answers, I guess you have to wonder about where they are from?

It's been posted before, but you should lower protein after the first 3 or 4 weeks for coturnix to 20-22% to put the weight on.  You should also restrict the light available to 10 hrs or so.  Lets them grow instead of getting ready to reproduce.

For my breeders, I keep the protein at 24-25% with at least 4% calcium for egg production.  I use a 20% chicken layer crumble with 1/3 Gamebird starter at 28% mixed in and a little soybean meal to getting the protein up.

You should read Pheasant Hollow Farm's post on knowing the laws of your state to keep yourself out of trouble.  I would suspect Missouri has laws in this regard.

Good luck.
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2006, 06:25:52 PM »

Not really sure why these goofballs feel they need to pick on a kid looking for answers, I guess you have to wonder about where they are from?

I posted a statement after reading a post that made no sense whatsoever and was so full of mistakes that I was shocked reading it !!! I  will make the statement again I am tired of seeing my tax dollars go down the toilet if by the age of 14  you cannot put a simple sentence together ,than what are we teaching kids today  ???

Just for general information I split my time between NJ ( where I run a very profitable demolition co and a construction co that I started 35 years ago   by myself) and NY (where  I  own a 600 acre farm and raise gamebirds                                                                         
                                                                              DONITA CO
                                                                              BOX 446
                                                                          WESTPORT NY 12993   

« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 06:43:33 PM by jchiar » Logged
woodenegg
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2006, 08:50:04 PM »

Good for you, you should be commended for you accomplishments.  We need to be careful in judgements since we rarely know all the reasons why, especially when it comes to a forum like this.  I had already pegged you as successful.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 08:52:29 PM by woodenegg » Logged
topshot
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2006, 09:38:29 PM »

Though I am quite sure my two cents worth isn't worth two cents here yet, I'm with Woodenegg!  Taking a shot is one thing, but keeping it going for a week is yet another.  I would almost expect that from a 13 or 14 yr old, but not from business owners as some of you apparently are.  Woodenegg, thanks for the rare (at least lately) display of maturity, your posts and input are what will keep forums like these popular.  The ones that contain nothing but sarcasm will be visited once and be forgotten.
14Yoquailfarmer...stick with it.  While I may be new to this board, I am not new to raising birds.  Feel free to PM me with any questions.  If they are on a topic I can help you with, I will certainly do so.  Do not be discouraged by folks who never seem to have anything positive to say, the world is full of them.   
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2006, 10:36:28 PM »

Yes somewhere along the line we have lost the cohesiveness that we once had. The "Love."

To stay on topic, I just feed Starter feed high in protein idefinitely. Then when they mature, I would just add high in carb. cracked corn, milo, wheat. For breeders, just add calcium supliment like oyster shell grit.
woodenegg
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2006, 01:21:04 AM »

Thanks to both of you.  I am on the road this week covering a lot of the State, but I will check in the internet access allows.
14Yoquailfarmer
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2006, 06:37:02 AM »

thanks every one that help
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2006, 11:11:12 PM »

what can i use for grower and breeder feed

Though I am quite sure my two cents worth isn't worth two cents here yet, I'm with Woodenegg!  Taking a shot is one thing, but keeping it going for a week is yet another.  I would almost expect that from a 13 or 14 yr old, but not from business owners as some of you apparently are.  Woodenegg, thanks for the rare (at least lately) display of maturity, your posts and input are what will keep forums like these popular.  The ones that contain nothing but sarcasm will be visited once and be forgotten.
14Yoquailfarmer...stick with it.  While I may be new to this board, I am not new to raising birds.  Feel free to PM me with any questions.  If they are on a topic I can help you with, I will certainly do so.  Do not be discouraged by folks who never seem to have anything positive to say, the world is full of them.

Just so you'll know/maybe understand why these people are not pleased with this person and don't have much tolerance for them. Here is about the 14 year olds 10th post on this forum:

Quote from: 14Yoquailfarmer on May 25, 2006, 01:29:02 AM
i agree more than any of you know me my self will be a licenced falconry soon and if you think that a 22 or a 17 cal is what you need to fix a hawk you a retard and maybe need to shove those up your A$$ to get the picture here and that swgt you have you shouldn't because those are only to be use in the sport of falconry not for some hick farmer to use to catch and kill valuable birds of prey and i hope you lose business for saying some thing stupid like that all you inbreed bastard that use leg hold traps on post sit on them cause your worth less and i hope some one nock some sense into you and learn you fact before you open your hick mouth      (end quote).

There is a thing called respect. You got to give it to recieve it. This person blew themselves out of the water from the word "go"! I never spoke to anyone in this manner at 14 years old or any other time for that matter, and then turn right around and ask for their advice. They should have been thrown off of this forum immediately in my opinion.

Thanks

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »