Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:33:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  new brower top hatch
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: new brower top hatch  (Read 2368 times)
backcountry
Expert Member

« on: April 16, 2009, 10:58:05 AM »

finally got it in and i dont think im going to like it  having a hard time getting the humidity above 40% might just be the air so dry in the house
also wish there was a bit more air flow inside it  is there any tweaks  out there or mods  or is it just me doing something wrong
i have 2 sponges in there (1 time use and its just at 45% when i wake up they are dry and humidity is 30%  water pan is always full

makesmiles

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 11:50:23 AM »

I have a Brower also and I like it.  Remember humidity depends on surface area and not amount of water.  Fill the bottom as much as necessary to obtain correct humidity.  What are you using to check humidity?  If it's digital, it might not be accurate...verify accuracy if you can.  I live in south Louisiana and humidity is not usually a problem here...we practically live "under" water.

Thanks David
backcountry
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 01:57:49 PM »

yes it is digital how do u check it 
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 08:46:40 AM »

yes it is digital how do u check it 

With another one or two.  I have 3 or 4 of those digital deals and I don't trust any of them on their own, I always use 2 or 3.

Here's a thermometer/hygrometer setup that is used in most cabinet incubators:

http://www.cutlersupply.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=618

Here's some more ideas:

http://www.cutlersupply.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=10&zenid=jtgom6nnpngdbsk49bq2e0kl40

JFYI:  Remove batteries from hygrometers when done incubating. If they are the flat watch type batteries, those things aren't cheap, plus it may corrode if they are left in when not being used.  Low batteries will also cause those things to read incorrectly.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 08:54:22 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »