Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:29:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  new to ggame birds
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: new to ggame birds  (Read 6340 times)
stuart

« on: August 30, 2008, 07:17:45 AM »

hi im new to game birds i would like to now wht i ned to do to for pheasants i would like to gt a pair of comon pheasants, can i free range these?
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 07:45:26 AM »

Sure, turn them loose.

You'll probably never see them again .  But what the hey?

Go back to the archives and start reading, there is tons of stuff here. Subscribe to the Game Bird Gazette and study it.

To get serious about your question, you could raise a few pheasant out, release them with a feeder close to your house and some will stay around, I've got several released birds that come by about once a week for a brunch.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 04:11:37 PM »

stuart.....Reeves is going to get you for typing like that!!!!!! s020 s020 s020

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 05:02:05 PM »

Stuart.....Reeves is going to get you for typing like that!!!!!! s020 s020                                                                  Reeves is not the only one, there are others with more venomous  keyboards spider spider  I learned the hard way  the archives have all you need to know.  anyhow..  welcome Stuart! by the way where are you located??

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 06:52:17 PM »

birddog.......you saying I bite ? And it's better to read before posting a question asked a million times ?

Shame on you !

i9
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 06:54:16 PM »

Oh ya....  s016 stuart !

OK Chuck and Wilder........your turn  :evil:
greyghost
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 11:40:16 PM »

Stuart, those of us that have done this for a while appreciate well thought out questions.
Most of us do not text. The answers that you want cannot be text. So, you may be a bad speller, or a texter, you are not a good communicator. Use spell check, or ask in English.
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 11:48:14 PM »

OK Chuck and Wilder........your turn  :evil:
[/quote]       there you go thats what I meant

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 02:01:15 PM »

Guess I should have said...Reeves is going to get you for texting on this forum... s020    s016 stuart

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 11:33:27 PM »

Is this another "15 Minute Member" deal?     :-|    :grin:

c49

Depending on your enviroment, you may not be able to "free range" chickens.    :-|  I know nothing of pheasants, but many others do.

That's a broad, hard to decipher question, you may want to do some research on the forum.

s016

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 11:54:22 PM »

Twenty two, chuck.  Although, I think I would evacuate the ID, myself, if I were he.

Saw it when it happened, and was speechless.  After Reeves invitation, I started a post, but deleted it.  This problem goes so far beyond the scope of this forum, I just couldn't begin.  Not even limited to young skulls full of mush.  I've had thirty somethings run into me, while texting.  And NO, I will NOT step aside.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 12:16:48 AM »

I couldn't agree more.

Someone told me the other day that there daughter text messaged 2200 times in one month!!  What a waste of life.  Parents fault for giving it to her to begin with. DUHH!!
Everybody seems to think that a kid needs a cell phone, especially when they get their drivers license...........ironically, it is the worst time for them to have them.

Two months ago, I helped remove an older gentleman and his wife from a car that was hit head on by a high school girl text messaging while driving down the road.  They were both dead.

I spend time with my kids and they spend time with me, not text messaging or gabbin' on the phone 24/7, or on the internet.  This generation will be totally worthless and clueless, they'd probably vote in Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for president and have the results texted to them.

:grin:

greyghost
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 08:32:09 PM »

Wilder, "Young skulls full of mush?" In a RUSH to teach the newbee's? j1
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 09:16:23 PM »

Wilder, "Young skulls full of mush?" In a RUSH to teach the newbee's? j1

Yes, I stole the phrase, but only because it is accurate. lol 

I've found that it is usually easier to teach an old dog new tricks, the youngsters are too smart to learn.  With a glass full of ice, and a few ounces of whisky, I bet even Slider would learn better than most kids.  OK, maybe a quart.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
frank_lap_127
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 10:31:57 PM »

With a glass full of ice, and a few ounces of whisky, I bet even Slider would learn better than most kids.

Do the kids get the same permission?!  j1 (Don't forget that now I'm a "kid" but it's legal in Canada when you are 18 years old, well at least in Quebec...)

Frank
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »