Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:53:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Health Issues
| | |-+  chicks acting wierd and then die
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: chicks acting wierd and then die  (Read 2949 times)
huntingken111

« on: May 07, 2007, 03:26:37 PM »

I have some all white bobwhites that about 3 weeks old and acting weird then die.  They hold their head down and tucked by their body.  One even kind of walked sideway and like he drunk and then died.  What might be the problem and what kind of meds can I buy and where to get it from.  I am feeding them Purina startena with meds in it.  I went to one of my clients from last year and he has an adult bobwhite that does the same thing but seems to lay on its side.  Is this all the same problem His birds and mine don't even have any contact but seem to act the same.  Thank you for any help you can give.
Bloomingtongamebirds

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 08:42:31 AM »

Sounds like enteritis, I think I spelled it right, anyway get some Teramicin or BMD (Solutracin) and put it in their water. 1/4 teaspoon per gallon.  ASAP!!!
falconer_39
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 09:59:17 AM »

I would feel of its breast to see if you can find the breast bone if you can put your thumb and index finger almost together with the breast bone between like you are pinching it then you have a real sick bird it can be a internal parasite but of all my reading on quails it says not to feed them medicated feed I don't feed mine medicated and I have no problems
David
Mike
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 02:58:37 AM »

Stay with the Purina Startina and put 1/2 tablespoon of Agrimycin 343 antibiotic per gallon in their water. Had this happen to me before and it cured it!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »