Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:51:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Health Issues
| | |-+  erysipelas-poultry disease
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: erysipelas-poultry disease  (Read 3280 times)
joshblue

« on: January 04, 2006, 09:16:10 AM »

does anyone know of other treatment for erysipelas besides potassium or sodium penicillin thanks josh

email me at joshblue@bellsouth.net make sure you write "quail" in the re i usually dont check names i dont know
stewaw
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 06:26:16 PM »

Since I had never heard of this, I sniffed around on the net and found several sources.  I guess my first question would be; was this disease "self diagnosed" or vet?  Reading the symptoms, it appears to me that this one would be a really easy one to mis-diagnose. 

This should keep you busy.....

http://www.msstate.edu/dept/poultry/diagext.htm

Here is a site that deals primarily with infection on the human body, but as is often the case a similar treatment (only in MUCH smaller doses) is effective in poultry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erysipelas

Above references taken from a webcrawler search for disease listed.
Good Luck,
David
quailer370
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 10:31:31 PM »

wait...did your bird contract this or another animal?? better list the symptoms...

-quailer370
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 10:35:58 PM by quailer370 » Logged

life's like a bucket of wood shavings, except when the shavings are in a pail...then life's like a PAIL of wood shavings :D
joshblue

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 06:59:18 PM »

hey quailer 370  im working on a project for animal science disease diagnosis dont worry my bird doesnt have it (thank god) i looked all over and the local vet told me a cure was penicillin but i have to find a cure other than penicillini =( thanks for your help  ttyl josh

email me at joshblue@bellsouth.net make sure you write "quail" in the re i usually dont check names i dont know
quailer370
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 09:38:47 PM »

lol ooohhhhh ok then. im gonna tell you what i tell everybody and say google it!  :laugh: saw your post in buy and sell by the way...you have to sell your quail? that bites. :(

-quailer370

life's like a bucket of wood shavings, except when the shavings are in a pail...then life's like a PAIL of wood shavings :D
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »