Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:11:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Random stuff....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Random stuff....  (Read 10666 times)
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2007, 02:59:52 PM »

I've got a Golden Retriever that likes to chew on everything.....especially turtles. Here's what she drug in the other day.  I assume the turtles where against each other when the dog disturbed them. When they closed up, the ones foot was inside the others shell, I couldn't pull them apart for fear of damaging its leg, the one with the crushed foot wasn't happy.

Good thing the turtles weren't on top of each other when they got caught!!! If ya know what I mean! LOL :laugh:
MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 11:16:38 PM »

Well the fact that I own turtles, I can answer this one about the turtles.  They were in the middle of breeding at the time.  The one with foot stuck is the male.  The male climbs on top and sticks both feet into the shell of the female.  The closes the shell on the feet and their tails entertwine.  The dog must of got them while they were in the middle of the act.

I also have cows and have never seen a pile that big in my life.  That's alot of steak.

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
www.mtbulliongamebirds.com
Licensed Gamebird Breeder by the California Department of Fish and Game.  A.I. clean tested.  Not currently N.P.I.P.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 10:18:49 PM »

Well the fact that I own turtles, I can answer this one about the turtles.  They were in the middle of breeding at the time.  The one with foot stuck is the male.  The male climbs on top and sticks both feet into the shell of the female.  The closes the shell on the feet and their tails entertwine.  The dog must of got them while they were in the middle of the act.

I also have cows and have never seen a pile that big in my life.  That's alot of steak.

Thanks for the info, learn something new everyday!

Actually the cow was my dump truck full of the stuff. It has about the same consistancy as concrete............believe me, that pile is no way near as solid as it appears!!    :laugh: It's just crusted over, a man do the bugs and bees love it!  My wife doesn't think too much of it though, it stinks so bad that your eyes water, the stuff is still green.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2007, 11:04:57 PM »

My wife doesn't think too much of it though, it stinks so bad that your eyes water

:laugh:
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2007, 08:29:06 AM »

Due to heavy rains for several days I was not checking for eggs.....both Valley pair have 3 each in nests inside. Had one Reeves egg.

So the season has finally started for me.

Only hatching allowed this year will be the Valley's , if they hatch their own again this year.

Thinking about getting a bunch of Huns. Hawks and other predators took out the two pair that were in the area for two years. Would be nice to see them wandering the area again........
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »