Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:20:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Any deer hunting success?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any deer hunting success?  (Read 35961 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2008, 08:50:24 PM »

The Button Buck

An 8 pointer, 4 pointer and a button buck are standing by a field browsing on acorns.

The 8 pointer says, 'I'm happy with my 10 does, we're really getting along.'

The 4 pointer says, 'I'm happy as heck with my 5, they really take care of me!'

The Button buck says, 'My two are all right, better than nothing I guess.'

Then all of a sudden a GIANT 14 pointer walks out into the field. The three bucks had never seen anything like him before, they were in awe. The big buck made a huge scrape and ****ed in it, rubbed a tree the size of a telephone pole and snapped it off at the ground! The three bucks looked on in amazement.

The 8 pointer says, 'I could probably get by with 4 does...........Who really needs 10 anyway?'

The 4 pointer says, 'You know............. Come to think of it, I only really use one or two of mine!'

The button buck was silent, as the other two bucks look over to him in confusion. Suddenly the yearling runs out into the middle of the field! He rips and tears up some grass........ ****es all over the place, snorts & wheezes, rubs his head raw on a tree and chews a lickin branch clean off! Then he runs back over to his buddies.

His friends immediately ask him, 'What the hell are you doing!?'

'I'm just makin' sure that big sumbitch knows I'm a buck!'
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2008, 11:52:22 PM »

j45 

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2008, 12:09:49 AM »

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2008, 05:54:31 AM »

CharlieHorse,

Looks like you are going to be in for some cornucopia weather on opening day for Ohio. Are you hunting your property out of the barn?

Good luck on Monday.  c110  a24  i9

I will be out back by the pens looking for the 9pt. This is the last week in WV for the Buck season.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2008, 09:06:35 AM »

Looks like you are going to be in for some cornucopia weather on opening day for Ohio. Are you hunting your property out of the barn?

Good luck on Monday.

Thanks.  Hopefully it decides to be snow by midnight.  :-|   Don't need a repeat of last year. I've got a tree stand this year, barn is only for really bad weather.

birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2008, 11:56:34 PM »

nothing yet  only been out once. too busy. good thing I guess. regular season ended Saturday muzzleloader season opens Monday. and it is snowing tonight. I may have to call myself in the am and say I cant make it in. :grin:

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2008, 05:15:12 AM »

How did you make out CharlieHorse?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2008, 11:03:18 AM »

He ant talking so it must be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  s020

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2008, 11:43:47 AM »

He ant talking so it must be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  s020

Either that or he is still looking for it.

Slider, is Deer Search available by you? It's illegal here in WV to use them or any dogs for a downed deer recovery in this state. Kind of sucks.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2008, 04:00:18 PM »

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081202/D94Q8P982.html
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2008, 04:33:55 PM »

Steve I will have to check on that from Wildlife and Fishiers. We do have a I think it is 2 weeks here in Louisiana that you can run deer with dogs. It is a big deal here with the old die hard deer dog keepers. They mostly use Walker hounds. Myself I do not like it..When I was in my teens I used to hunt behind deer dogs they will walk your A$$ off.

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2008, 06:05:22 AM »

Steve I will have to check on that from Wildlife and Fishiers. We do have a I think it is 2 weeks here in Louisiana that you can run deer with dogs. It is a big deal here with the old die hard deer dog keepers. They mostly use Walker hounds. Myself I do not like it..When I was in my teens I used to hunt behind deer dogs they will walk your A$$ off.

I've been behind dogs running coons, but never had the chance with deer. NYS didn't allow deer hunting with dogs.

I never understood the reasoning using dogs to run deer. Someone once mentioned (many many years ago  s020 ) the need for the dogs was, the thick cover in the southern states along with snakes, and using the dogs was like using Beagles running rabbits. How true it is I don't really know.

They use dogs/hounds here in WV durning the Bear season to tree the bears. I guess they shoot them out of the tree like they do when treeing coons at night. To each his or her own I guess. If it is legal I say go for it.

I feel that Deer Search Inc. http://www.deersearch.org/ is a valuable tool in the recovery of deer that people can't find when all efforts have been made to locate the deer in a given time frame. But then again, WV seems to be way behind the times.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2008, 06:07:49 AM »

Hey CharlieHorse, are you still alive? What's the status? How about checking in...

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2008, 08:08:03 AM »

As of 2007 leashed dogs can be used for tracking wounded deer in NH. Think you may need to be licensed also.
The best bet is still to just not let it run off  c110

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2008, 05:14:33 PM »

CharlieHorse any update?

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »