Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:51:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  New or Existing Member's Section
| | |-+  Me & My Quail
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Me & My Quail  (Read 35757 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2008, 09:32:39 AM »

Well fix it!!!!!!!!!! s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

s020 thanks Pheasant Hollow :?:

You still didn't fix it, or explain.. s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
GSP4

« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2008, 12:51:59 AM »

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
[/quote]

wildergamebirds
 Photographing a flushed covey of wild Quail is pretty tough.  But with the new digitals, it's not nearly as hard on the Ego, or equipment (throwing, kicking, stomping) as with the opld film cameras

wilder your right!  put the camera on action or sport setting and hold the button down!!   get some good shots "Pic's" that way!

the hubby uses the shot gun I think his shots are still better than mine.
the Hubby uses shot gun to shoot the birds while I take the pic's of the hunt I think he gets more birds than I get good pic's  :grin:

wildergamebirds I was asking is hoyt a bow?

yes Hoyt is my bow j2

Ok Pheasnt Hollow does that clear things up?  s020 

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2008, 04:59:12 AM »

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

wildergamebirds
 Photographing a flushed covey of wild Quail is pretty tough.  But with the new digitals, it's not nearly as hard on the Ego, or equipment (throwing, kicking, stomping) as with the opld film cameras

wilder your right!  put the camera on action or sport setting and hold the button down!!   get some good shots "Pic's" that way!

the Hubby uses shot gun to shoot the birds while I take the pic's of the hunt I think he gets more birds than I get good pic's  :grin:

yes Hoyt is my bow j2

Thank you s98 My digital doesn't have that fancy action or sport setting

Then again, I bought my Olympus over 10years ago and at that time the highest pixels were 1.3 megapixel. I paid over $700.00 for it them. I still use it today, with the original memory card.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 05:01:57 AM by Pheasant Hollow Farm » Logged

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2008, 07:47:28 AM »

Got two new(ish) digitals here. Some functions I like, some not.
So I dug my 35mil out the other day, getting a new battery and film. The Canon AE-1 has a 300 zoom and macro. It will do what the new ones will not.
I want to get a few shots of a Raven's nest before the trees get too far along with the leaves.
GSP4

« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2008, 10:32:22 AM »

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

wildergamebirds

yes Hoyt is my bow j2

Thank you s98 My digital doesn't have that fancy action or sport setting

Then again, I bought my Olympus over 10years ago and at that time the highest pixels were 1.3 megapixel. I paid over $700.00 for it them. I still use it today, with the original memory card.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

WE like the digital  Nikon we got, we can use the lenses from our 35mm Nikon. that's what sold us on camera j2

I will try to post some action shots later :?:
jaime7997
Expert Member

« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2008, 11:44:47 AM »

I have a Minolta Maxxum 4 35mm and the Canon Rebel XT. I was very reluctant to go digital beacuse the photos I got from the 35mm were so great. But, I must say, I spend way less cashola on developing pictures that, well, suck!  I'll take pictures of just about anything, so I can shoot off 100 frames without realizing it now with the digital. But, I have to keep them both on hand for certain situations. You just never know!!
GSP4

« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2008, 07:33:01 AM »

GSP4,

I've been married for 35years, going on 36 this Monday May 12th. I wish I was 36years old. I just turned 58 years old.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Happy Anniversary to you and your wife Pheasant Hollow j2
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2008, 08:20:33 AM »

GSP4,

I've been married for 35years, going on 36 this Monday May 12th. I wish I was 36years old. I just turned 58 years old.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Well thank you both j2 so very much.. I completely forgot about it, My wife didn't say anything either this morning, I guess she forgot as well.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

GSP4

« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2008, 08:37:22 AM »

GSP4,

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Well thank you both j2 so very much.. I completely forgot about it, My wife didn't say anything either this morning, I guess she forgot as well.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

and if she didn't you'll be in trouble! better say or do something to cover your butt :grin:
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2008, 08:45:02 AM »

GSP4,

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

and if she didn't you'll be in trouble! better say or do something to cover your butt :grin:

Any suggestion s020 I'd really hate to start something now after 30 years. If I did, I think she would now be suspicious. Maybe I will just have the Jacuzzi going for her when she gets home.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2008, 09:16:41 AM »

WELLLLLLLLLLLLL  I could think of something!!!!!! s020 Happy Anniversary!!!!!!! s98

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2008, 09:22:03 AM »

WELLLLLLLLLLLLL  I could think of something!!!!!! s020 Happy Anniversary!!!!!!! s98

Well, thanks slider j2

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

GSP4

« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2008, 10:06:09 AM »

That's what my hubby did last year(Jacuzzi)  :grin: and asked if I wanted to call out for something to eat so I didn't have to cook   s020  worked for me  :grin:

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2008, 11:20:33 AM »

[ My wife didn't say anything either this morning, I guess she forgot as well.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

I still have that shiny new nickle left from last nights bet with "333"  I'll raise you a case of Diet Coke.  If she did, she's the only woman (under 80) who has.  She wants you to say it first, or is checking to see if it's important enough for you to remember!   

Trust me, I'm a Doctor!

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2008, 11:24:11 AM »

That's what my hubby did last year(Jacuzzi)  :grin: and asked if I wanted to call out for something to eat so I didn't have to cook   s020  worked for me  :grin:

Sounds like he was the one that was "cookin'".

" s020  worked for me  :grin:"

What we really need to know is, did it work for him?

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »