Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:26:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  CONGRATS!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CONGRATS!  (Read 1947 times)
tdmason

« on: June 09, 2008, 01:48:27 PM »

j2I would just like to say congrats to all the people out there hatching birds and having good luck this year. Mine started as a hobby and now getting kinda addicted and that seems to be really easy to do. My husband tries to act not interested but is always checking on the new and the old. I really like the pheasants in the exotic range though. Just something with the colors and how they carry themselves. How about ya'll out there? What's your favorite type of gamebird to raise and why? Which do you think is the easiest to raise and why? I have a friend that is considering starting this hobby so what do you think would be something easy to start with? And Kudos for all the help also!!!
jaime7997
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 02:07:51 PM »

s98 Right back at'ya!! I am just starting out here too, and am having a lot of fun. The bobwhites seem to be the ones that everyone starts out with... Then, the bird craze begins, I guess! Have fun and tell your friend to join in and research everything well before jumping in. Good Luck!
jbird
Expert Member

Gods Creatures are for everyone to enjoy

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 12:18:34 PM »

I love all the birds and it's hard to pin point a favorite. It would probably be between my Cortunix and Bobwhites. I think they are probably the easiest to raise and the tamest.
Can leave their door open awhile when feeding or cleaning and they don't fly away. My
birds are just an expensive hobby and they're all my pets. We started out with Button quail and they are sweet little things, but, so clicky about getting along with each other
...had to separate them into so many different cages. But, I guess that's true with most of my other birds too. I would recommend starting with Cortunix.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »