Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:13:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  New or Existing Member's Section
| | |-+  New to your board & Thanks a million
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New to your board & Thanks a million  (Read 4083 times)
GameBirdSource

« on: July 07, 2007, 10:57:42 PM »

Hello. I'd like to thank all of you for sharing your experience & knowledge. To be honest I have been reading this board (and printing do it yourself pics) for the better part of a year. For several years we had ornamentals & chickens of several species and then took a break for past 5 years. We recently moved to a new home & I felt that I had at least min. experience when I decided to build a "few" pens & purchase a few chicks. I found very valuable information here. I also found a lot of humor & just good hearted people. I read new posts prior to my work day & must say it makes for an enjoyable cup of coffee. :) 
     I have been surprised with the difference between ring-necked pheasants to my red goldens. The goldens could care less when I walk in the pen. They don't come to us, but they don't fly for the rafters either. So this board had me prepared for the wildness of those & the quail. The brooding is very similar to that of chickens but once they reach 10 weeks of age, it seems a whole new ball game.
    Thanks again for the time you guys have invested posting. I am hoping to keep good karma, my posts to a min. and my spelling correct. ( that was said with a big ole' grin too)
    Sitting on the deck in mid-Michigan listening to a few bob-whites calling, a wild pheasant rooster making his last calls at dusk and reading game related posts.....just doesn't get much better than this.

People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 11:01:53 PM »

Welcome to That Quail Place !

« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 11:47:45 PM by Reeves » Logged
GameBirdSource

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 01:01:02 AM »

Reeves, TY for the welcoming. I saw your first post & thought I would post a pic. This was the start of the pen building. It has since doubled. The original in the pic is 24x32x12 high. It was built with the idea it could be seperated into 3 runs. On the East end there are 3 large doors (big enough to get brush & wheelbarrow through). We have since secured the top netting with hammer in style staple, doubled the size.Also added a few A frame structures for feed stations & provide a bit of relief from the weather if the birds needed it. Seems after their first few nights in the big pen they just became acclimated & perfer to roost. The larger doors can be propped open leading into the 2nd pen giving the ability to have 1 very large pen or 2 seperates at this point. I believe prior to fall they will both be divided into 3 runs for breeding purposes in the spring. As for now I am trying to buy stock in the treated lumber market before more additions. LOL  Hoping to get a new digital & get updated photos soon.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 01:03:57 AM by GameBirdSource » Logged

People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel.
WHITNEYPLU
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 02:24:28 AM »

Welcome! Seems like you have a nice pad there.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 02:33:18 PM »

Welcome! 

Send Check or Moneyorder in the amount of $245(US) for your FREE membership to:

Poor Quail Dude Ranch Inc.
c\o Bob White
PO'ed Box 9876
Fried Green Tomato, OH  35781

8)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 02:46:29 PM by trailbossusa » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
GameBirdSource

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 09:32:42 PM »

OK, but if you go to jail for cashing a check on a fictitious account with the return address of Puckerbrush USA.....well um...it didn't come from me.   :) Have a great night.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 09:34:38 PM by GameBirdSource » Logged

rustyd02359

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 08:43:42 AM »

I am JEALOUS!  I live in MA and have not heard a wild quial or pheasant for over 25 years!  They are all but gone as in many places.  Thats why I love when I have quail of my own.  I will let them out just to hear then call to each other, its such a peaceful "Call of the Wild"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »