Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:42:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Hunting Gamebirds
| |-+  Hunting Gamebirds
| | |-+  hunting opportunity public / private land.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: hunting opportunity public / private land.  (Read 12538 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 04:16:15 AM »

I also enjoy having a cup or two or three, of coffee and talking and listening about old times and their old times. Two different worlds, WV and NY.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

thats right a lot of local business here in rural Maine is done at the local country store around the wood stove over a cup of coffee. one has to work themselves into this group but once in your all set. hopefully if we do end up moving south  I can find a similar deal.

Your right, I remember seeing this at the local candy/grocery store in the local community when I was going to grade school. Just a bunch of old guys sitting by the pot belly stove drinking black tar coffee. Back then, there were lots of farms. Those were the days

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

I also enjoy having a cup or two or three, of coffee and talking and listening about old times and their old times. Two different worlds, WV and NY.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

thats right a lot of local business here in rural Maine is done at the local country store around the wood stove over a cup of coffee. one has to work themselves into this group but once in your all set. hopefully if we do end up moving south  I can find a similar deal.

Hey steve  you should see what it is like where i come from you need a glass of  whiskey (irish not scotch ) and a pint of guinness but once you get in there  i was intergrated  by vertue of  family (all farmers) but the stories were great  the lies were even better  but  90 % of  deals were done in the local Pub  Jim

Jim,

Sad but true.. life seemed so simple back then growing up in the 50' and 60's. Just the TV(B&W) then color, Telephone(partyline) and the Radio(AM then FM) Dr's made house calls, and no such thing as credit/debit cards.

Feb. 1966 got my drivers license and a 1955 Chevy Belair, and gas was $0.25.9 a gal. The gas price wars between 3 local stations.

Walking into the local Deli for a breakfast eggs sandwich with the shotgun before heading out to Hunt for rabbits along the train tracks, or the woods for the  Grey Squirrels.

Boy, do I feel old. The old handshake and your word on a deal no longer exists in this world.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 08:30:30 AM »

I know exactly what you mean, I grew up in the middle of the Cascade Mtns. in B.C., I never even seen a T.V. until I was 8-9. We used to be able to carry our rifles on the school bus. I would take it to school on fridays, put it in my locker, then I could get on my buddies bus fri. afternoon, hunt his area all weekend, come mon. get on his bus and take my rifle back to school for the day, on the bus that afternoon and home. Now if the neighbor see's you carry it from your truck to the house, they freak and call the Cops. The Cops in Edmonton have arrested kids for having PELLET guns out in public. Too many bleeding heart liberals and a society that has lost the old values. Everything is more,More, More, More - Faster, Faster, Faster!
Forgive my ramblings, I too remember more honest times, when you could still smell wood smoke in the fall, and you knew hunting season was about to start. Mothers that actually took all day to make a pot of soup or stew, baking bread and buns on Thursdays. Darned socks, (which I hated) and could sew a button back on.
Damn did it again, rambling, sorry.

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 08:35:16 AM »

Yup......... s87

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
finnegan

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 12:28:24 PM »

Now if the neighbor see's you carry it from your truck to the house, they freak and call the Cops. The Cops in Edmonton have arrested kids for having PELLET guns out in public. Too many bleeding heart liberals and a society that has lost the old values. Everything is more,More, More, More - Faster, Faster, Faster!

Coming back from hunting  (on foot no car) stop at the local pub for a warm up shotguns went onna rack behind the bar to stop kids playing with then as pubs incountry side Ireland in the 70s were still shop /house/ bar all rolled into one jim
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 07:13:48 PM »

labmancan stop it your making me cry talk about the good old days..  Finnegan. I havn,t been to ireland but would love to  daughter has been there (school trip) through Europe 2 years in a row.  she hasn,t stopped talking about ireland says she wants  to move there. with the last name of Sullivan and great grandparents names of Mansfield and McNamara she should have a good start. although I don,t know what she would think about a pint of Guinness

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
finnegan

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 10:34:24 AM »

although I don,t know what she would think about a pint of Guinness

well tell her to try it there now in the  US  no comparison
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 08:26:54 PM »

Finnegan, no comparison. isn,t that the truth. I don,t know if I  would like the real stuff. never mind my daughter. I would like to try though.

when we went to Canada a few years ago on vacation. I was kinda  s53 off that I could not find molson golden  in the stores.I was thinking it would be better in Canada.  all I could find was the molson ale. then I thought about it for a minute. duh.

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
Britton Howe

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2008, 02:43:58 PM »

all private except fish and game property. have to have written permission to hunt any land that is cultivated or artificialy irragated or posted wich is about everything.
finnegan

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 10:10:13 AM »

.I was thinking it would be better in Canada.  all I could find was the molson ale. then I thought about it for a minute. duh.

yep i am in canada on a regular basis  lots of  family there  I live 20 mins from canadian border Molsen gets a workout on a regular basis Jim
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »