Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:54:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  New or Existing Member's Section
| | |-+  REEVES (Old July 01, 2004 topic by Reeves......)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: REEVES (Old July 01, 2004 topic by Reeves......)  (Read 4904 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« on: June 20, 2008, 04:53:31 PM »

Bought The Farm.. http://www.thatquailplace.com/smf/index.php?topic=509.0

Reeves,

I noticed that the pictures are no longer available. How about some before and after pictures with over 3 years on your property with your anniversity being July 01, 2008 for 4 years.  Do you have any regrets on the move from B.C. to AB?

Do you feel given the chance to do it over, would you do it the same way or do you feel that you had gotten a fair deal.

Time sure does fly by.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 08:24:23 PM »

Four years now....
I'll look at the other pictures missing later....
Regrets ?
Some. AB work has slowed down a lot. But so has BC.
I had wanted to get most of the "bulk" work done by now. Not going to happen for another couple years.
I had always planned on selling the place and "retiring" to BC. Still going to happen though, not sure when.
Paid 96k for the place, and now I know for a fact I can sell for 300k or more. When done I know I'll be able to get over 400k.
Would I do it over ? I think so. Lots of work. Wish I had done it at a younger age though. A lot of the work is meant for a younger person. I'm paying for all I've been doing. I'm a wee bit "bull headed" about doing stuff myself. Best way to get things done right.
Now is a bad time for new pictures. We are watching pennies and so , cutting less grass. Looks "unkempt". Trees planted are not tall enough to really show the growth.

Miss BC. It has much more to offer a person like me (hermit). Like BC a lot more than here.....will "retire" there in the future.....likely in the south east section. Or maybe the States ?
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 04:53:51 AM »

Four years now....
I'll look at the other pictures missing later....
Regrets ?
Some. AB work has slowed down a lot. But so has BC.
I had wanted to get most of the "bulk" work done by now. Not going to happen for another couple years.
I had always planned on selling the place and "retiring" to BC. Still going to happen though, not sure when.
Paid 96k for the place, and now I know for a fact I can sell for 300k or more. When done I know I'll be able to get over 400k.
Would I do it over ? I think so. Lots of work. Wish I had done it at a younger age though. A lot of the work is meant for a younger person. I'm paying for all I've been doing. I'm a wee bit "bull headed" about doing stuff myself. Best way to get things done right.
Now is a bad time for new pictures. We are watching pennies and so , cutting less grass. Looks "unkempt". Trees planted are not tall enough to really show the growth.

Miss BC. It has much more to offer a person like me (hermit). Like BC a lot more than here.....will "retire" there in the future.....likely in the south east section. Or maybe the States ?

Reeves,

You're more then   s016 ^d here in WV. I know the feeling with the starting over at an older age. I also took on that task. I am still not done on the inside. I just seems that the time goes by much faster now then it did at a younger age. I am here in WV over 8 years! I would normally have all my firewood cut/split/stacked by now. I haven't even started that.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 12:53:40 PM »

Thanks for the WV offer !
Here is a question for you.....why is it West V when it's in the east ? !  :grin:
I've not traveled the States much. Been across the boarder at Elko (?) a few times to get Coors. They have since started to make it in Canada, but it is no where near as good.
Also went through that xing and toured across the most northern roads and entered back into BC south of Pentiction ? No map handy to see place names etc.
I do remember being able to buy gas for a lot less than in Canada. The first place I stopped for gas, I fill both tanks on the truck. When paying, I thought he was charging me for only one tank. Told him I filled both and he said he knew , and was charging me for filling both tanks !

Looked at the link....I must have deleted the pics out of PhotoBucket.
Brought back some good memories though !
The excitment of buying the place...plans that had been made, and the changes I have made since then. (still lots more to do)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 04:13:06 PM »

Thanks for the WV offer !
Here is a question for you.....why is it West V when it's in the east ? !  :grin:
I've not traveled the States much. Been across the boarder at Elko (?) a few times to get Coors. They have since started to make it in Canada, but it is no where near as good.
Also went through that xing and toured across the most northern roads and entered back into BC south of Pentiction ? No map handy to see place names etc.
I do remember being able to buy gas for a lot less than in Canada. The first place I stopped for gas, I fill both tanks on the truck. When paying, I thought he was charging me for only one tank. Told him I filled both and he said he knew , and was charging me for filling both tanks !

Looked at the link....I must have deleted the pics out of PhotoBucket.
Brought back some good memories though !
The excitment of buying the place...plans that had been made, and the changes I have made since then. (still lots more to do)

I am not sure on the WV since I am a native of LI, NY. But it appears that Virginia at one time own all this land. When the war between the states started the most western part of Virginia now which is at the Appalachian Mnts. became the border between the north(Union States) and south(Confederate States).

I don't know what year they broke apart, and frankly I couldn't give two  c109  s020. As long as I have a place to hang my hat and plant my a s53 ss and no one hassles me it doesn't matter. When the time comes that I have to take up arms to protect this State I call home, I have no second thoughts to where my loyalty lies.

I guess it would have sounded dumb if they (WV) decided to call the new state, North Virginia since there wasn't any state call South Virginia, hence the name West Virginia, I guess.

Oh well so much for the redneck education,,, j44 I know we have other members here from WV, and I know they would just love to bury my face in the actual history of WV.

Let's see what happens.... It should be interesting if they should stop by.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 08:10:03 AM »

LOL!  Up here in Ohio, theres' all kinds of people who know stories about West Virginia! LOL!!

s020

s020

:wink:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
jbird
Expert Member

Gods Creatures are for everyone to enjoy

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 12:54:22 PM »

Don"t know a thing about WV and the people there, though I have seen some movies ???
I would say Charlie knows something that the rest of us don't.   s020
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 01:00:56 PM »

s020

They used to stand on each side of the Ohio river and throw rocks at each other many years ago.

West Virginia is a beautiful state,  it's either straight up or straight down.........no in between.  I go white water rafting there, and drive through it 2-3 times a year.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
jbird
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 01:12:46 PM »

Charlie,  I would almost bet you stood in line for hours, for your turn to throw ROCKS   i9
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 01:24:46 PM »

::)

:grin:

Actually, I didn't have to get as close to the river as others, I'd bring a sling-shot and potato gun.........stand in the back and fire, while the ones up front looked like the guilty party and took all the hits.   :evil:       LOL!!    Wait a minute,  maybe I'm thinking of my job??   Oh well, same story anyway, except I'm usually the one in front at work taking all the recourse.  LOL!!

:-o

jbird
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 12:11:34 AM »

Don't let them see your sling-shot and potato gun
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »