Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:54:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Supplier Feedback
| | |-+  CBF Super Quail
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CBF Super Quail  (Read 17118 times)
chickenjim

« on: April 15, 2008, 07:52:21 PM »

Has anyone ordered the Jumbo Brown Cortunix eggs from this place?  I read that Lake Cumberland farms has good birds, and before I order, I wanted to ask about this supplier. Thanks!!!
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 10:59:50 PM »

I do not know about their jumbo browns, but a friend of mine ordered some of those SUPER QUAIL eggs and they were not big at all. How many jumbo brown eggs you looking to buy?

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
jhudson

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 07:14:18 AM »

I am looking for about 100. I am still researching these. I have done all the reading that I can and have read that after the first generation, the size goes down to about the 6-7 oz range. Have you found this to be true?
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 09:12:39 AM »

I do not believe that is the case. My friend has birds that he got from me that are on the 3rd generation and they are just as big as the orginal ones . I got some eggs from him the other day..about 65 and they are nice big eggs..some were as big as banny eggs but those are double yoke and will not hatch. If you would like, I will check with him and see how long it will take him to get 100. He just got his back to laying.Send me a PM..

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
frank_lap_127
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 08:35:40 PM »

I've heard here in Quebec of a guy owning Royal Coturnix Quails (translated from french). He told me they were reaching 1/2 pound of meat! I was supposed to meet him and buy him some but that never happened...

Frank
TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

Butlers, ten. reds, Tx A&M, jumbo brown coturnix

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 10:17:57 PM »

If those quail weren't very big they used the wrong feed or did something wrong. They have EXCELLENT stock of EVERYTHING they sell. Their birds have been huge every time I hatched them out. All of their birds have been SUPER QUALITY and best around. If you ever have any questions they are quick to help out all they can AND THEN SOME. They are both VERY knowledgeable people and will help out about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.Thanks, and GOD BLESS, Tommy
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 10:28:21 PM »

Do not tell me he did something wrong...because he did not...another friend of mine ordered the same thing and they were small also...so do not tell me that everything that they sell is the GREATEST..because it is NOT...

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 11:15:15 PM »

c109 Of course they could have sent them the wrong eggs..They looked like Manchurians to me...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 11:17:31 PM by slider » Logged

TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 08:01:39 AM »

well prolly so things happen when you got so many birds anyone can make a mistake. If the birds were the wrong ones then it should've been discussed with THEM. I've dealt with them many times and refered many to them. I do know they' do have EXCELLENT customer service and are always willing to help out ANY and EVERYONE. I try to answer everyones E-mails I get so many I don't have time to do things I'd like to be doing but It immpressed me how they are so eager to help out. I do the same by helping out ANYONE that has a question about anything I've learned SOOOOOOOO much from them. They are THE BEST PEOPLE AROUND and I'll stand by my word and my oppinion.
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 08:12:57 AM »

COOL !!!!!!!!

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 11:36:32 AM »

I hate to jump into the middle of a brawl (really, I do).  But Tommy is right, as far as Frank and Cinda's charactor.  Maybe a little over exuberant.  I'm not sure that means every egg they sell is a winner.

Their "Super Quail" look very much like Manchurians, I'm sure that was part of the ancestry Frank used as breeding stock.  The last I spoke with him, he was taking orders something like 18 months in advance.  Others are growing breeders from his stock in different parts of the country.  If they were shipped from anywhere other than Arkansas, they were from someone else.

As for the Jumbo Brown Coturnix, He may have some available.  I bought some a little over a year ago.  I don't weigh my carcasses, before grilling, but 8oz. doesn't seem like an exaggeration.  They are pretty close to Georgia Giants in size (not wing span, or tail length, of course.

Nearly all eggs were large, requiring Chukar egg trays.  I did set a few along with a batch of Chukar eggs.  Most hatched, and they grew to the same size range as their parents.  This isn't at all scientific, but it's all the experience I have with their Quail.  Chickens and Turkeys were excellent (I just wish someone else had them, now).

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 12:22:07 PM »

No brawl at all...The brawl will start if I have to drive to South Texas... s020 s020  And I am sure that those folks are the most wonderful people in the world. And I am sure that there birds and eggs are the best anywhere...So there you go I TOTALLY AGREE WITH BOTH OF YOU !!!!
P.S. The eggs did come from Arkansas..I know what it was!!!!!!!The Post Office got them screwed up...end of discussion....

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 05:04:52 PM »

I still say that they are SUCKING people in with that Super Quail stuff..There no bigger than the average Jumbo Brown just a different color..I have some Whites that are as big as Jumbo Browns. Hey what ever works...making that money is the name of the game what ever you call it..If it looks like a duck and if it sounds like a duck, then it must be a duck...I guess that I will call mine...BMW Awesome Quail....Hey now there`s an Idea....

TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 09:45:37 AM »

Hello 333, you are right they do not claim the super quail is bigger than the XLD1's and a light skinned bird. The majority of people have ruined the Texas A&M's by mass producing them. I'm glad I have no part in this ruining a great bird that was developed so perfect for dual purposes. I "nit-pick" them as i do all of my birds and I guess I'm the last one to have the "original strain" and keep it intact as a HUGE bird. My BUTLERS are huge and A LOT of the A&M's I got are as big as some of my A&M's. I might add "LET THE BRAWL BEGIN" come on down lets get the party started and you best TAKE NOTES. 333 get in touch with me I prolly can get you the eggs you were looking for a few months back from me. Wildergamebirds you are so right its an experiance and the hatch rates I got from them are GREAT. I've got BIG @ss birds and will only be selling a few eggs as I've got the grown birds sold as I hatch them out weekly from now on. They're perfect for whatever your need is and you WON'T GET FAT eating them. I get rid of any bird thats not as big as a softball when i grab that sucker ALL MEAT. We grill the heck outta these birds here its taken me a long time to keep the bird huge and a GREAT PRODUCT.They help me with ALL ADVISE and POINTERS that I may have and THATS A LOT. I should pay for their helping me as much as they do and I OWE A LOT to them more than I can ever say. I doubt you'll find better people than them I know their out there but these people are always helping everyone out with any questions they might have and thats 1 thing I try to do is help all I CAN. Thanks, and GOD BLESS, Tommy
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 12:45:11 PM »

I think that I will let this one die a slow death!!!!!!

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »