Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:40:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Tuxedo Quail????
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tuxedo Quail????  (Read 5571 times)
Wing&aPrayer
« on: July 06, 2004, 11:56:23 PM »

Do Tuxedo quail take longer to get up and going then Bobwhites? My eggs finally hatched. Out of 13 good eggs I have 7 babies. But they seem weak. They havent really started walking or opening thier eyes and they are about 8 hours old now. I was just curious what could be going on?

Thanks
Christie
Pheasantman
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 12:03:41 AM »

If they are just eight hours old, they haven't yet recovered from the stress of hatching.  Give them 16 hours and they should be up and running around.

Pheasantman
TexasDan
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 12:58:27 PM »

I just joined. Is this sight great or what? Me and my wife have started raising quail this year and just had our first hatch. We purchased 77 quail that included Tuxedo, A&M, Chocolate, and one golden. The quail started laying eggs about a month ago. Our first hatching included 24 eggs from the group. 22 hatched! The other two were not fertial and were smaller than the other eggs. From the start they were very active after getting out of the shell. After 24 hours we moved them to a brooder. After one week only two have died and it was my fault for using the wrong kind of waterer. I solved this problem.

To your question - How many days did you have the eggs before you started incubation, what temp were they stored in?

Danny
Wing&aPrayer
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 01:51:34 AM »

I had the eggs 24 hours. I'm not sure what happened the temp was 101.5 and stayed there and the humidity was around 70% until the last 4 days and it was 80%. I had 15 eggs two were not fertile. The eggs pipped but that is as far as they got. I hatched them out the rest of the way. 5 died in their shells, one died 2 days after being hatched and I now have 6 healty babies. I dont know what happened everything seem to be where it should have been.  I had one chick that I thought was going to die. I have him baby bird handfeeding formula and a little physical therapy because he didnt want to stretch out one of his legs.  But he pulled through and is now up and running. I have one that is all white will it stay that way or will it get black on it when it starts to feather?

Christie
TexasDan
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 02:54:42 PM »

Everything that I have read says that the temp must be 99.5 degrees. Humidity is good at 70 to 80%. We just hatched out 22 yesterday and 20 the other day, still more to hatch. I have white, chocolate, tux and golden. The white ones hatch and look just like mini chickens. In about a week they should start getting there feathers and you will then learn the true nature of the color. My tux's hatch black or brown with white and yellow mixed in. I'll soon have pictures on my web site.

Danny
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »